Chapter 16 - Nightmare

A man watched me from the dark alleyway. His eyes glow red and a deep purr comes from him as he inches closer to me. His walk is slow, but he will eventually get to me and I’m trapped! Next to me is a brick wall that gives me no leave. As he continues to walk his shoulders sway, he was big, mammoth. Tears slither down my pale cheeks as I scream for someone to help. But only my echoes respond back to me. He finally reaches me and slams me against the wall harshly, sliding a freezing cold blade against my neck. A black hood covered most of his features but his eyes. They gleam into mine, I can see a smirk on his dry lips as a satisfied moan escapes them. I try to scream again but the blade lightly slices into my throat making me silence.

“Who’s going to save you?” He growls, his voice deep and gruff. “No one cares.”

I struggle in his grasp but he leans into me. His lips press against my ear and I stiffen, whimpering as he whispers into it.

“No one has ever cared about you! They never will! Just watch them crush you! I need do nothing!”

I knew who he was, he was my anxieties. The horrid being that slithers against me and makes me afraid to do anything. I was stronger than him though! I knew I was.

As I struggle from him a familiar voice speaks up behind us. “What’s going on here?” They ask.

The mans face looks back and he turns to me with an evil grin. “Oh look who it is.” He spins us around, still with the knife on my neck.

My eyes meet the illuminating blue of Louis’, I can’t help but smile in relief.

“Oh Lou! Help me!” I gasp, throwing out a hand to him. He just looks at it -examines it.

“Go ahead.” The mans words brush my cheek. “Save her!”

Lou frowns at the man, unmoving.

“Do it!” The man screams.

In the darkness I see a figure creep up behind Lou, their fingers slither onto his shoulders as their head pops up. Her curls sparkle in the full moons rays. She smirks at me as the man did before - evil. Her perfect red lips grasp onto Lou’s earlobe and tugs it, “What are you going to do baby?” Grace whispers.

I try to breathe with the force of the blade piercing my neck, but only short, small breaths fill my dry lungs. We all stand there as Lou doesn’t respond, as if he was contemplating what was right.

“Come on babe. Lets go.” She intertwines her fingers into his and begins to walk.

“If you leave I’m going to kill her!” The man yells, his hands shaking in his anger.

Lou’s deep eyes meet mine before he lowers his head and turns his back to me.

“Louis! Louis! NO!” I try to grab him, to hold him with me, but my hand grasps air.

The man sighs, “Well isn’t that too bad.”

My tears spill from me as he yanks at the blade, slicing through my neck. He lets go of me and I drop to the ground knees first, face second, knowing Louis left me…left me to die here. He…just…left.

~ ~ ~

I’m awoken from the hellish dream by my body jerking from its sleeping state. I’m gasping for air, a cold sweat fills every inch of my body. I throw my face in my palms and sob into them. He left me!

I take a few calming breaths after my tears dried up. My sheets and pillow are covered in sweat - gross. I hop from my bed and scan for my clock. 6:45am, too early. I wipe my eyes with my forearm and walk to my bathroom quietly. I start the shower and - after peeling off my PJ’s - hopped into the raining water. I made sure to clean all the sweat from me with the washcloth in my hand. As the soap travels down my naked form I spot something. Weird purple spots that look like freckles splatter about my stomach. I slide a finger past them, they are smooth. I look to the bruise on my shin, its still fully purple but slowing growing smaller. Usually my bruises only lasted a few days and the pigments didn’t become so explosive. This is peculiar.