Chapter 8 - My Feelings

A/N: Hey babes! So....I'm not quite sure how i like this chapter. Its way too short and nothing really happens in it. But... you know whatever! Haha! Enjoy and tell me whatcha think. Xx

******************************************

      I hold my curls back into a ponytail as I rinse the toothpaste out of my mouth.

“He wants you to sneak into his bedroom without anyone knowing?” Jay asks, sitting on the toilet beside me.

I cup my hands together and let the water pool inside. “Yes, he said he had something to show me.” I reply as I take a sip of the water and gargle it around in my cheeks.

She tucks her legs under her and begins to smile at me. “Sounds to me like he wants to do the nasty.”

I am caught off guard at her words and begin chocking on the water in my mouth, I spit it into the sink and turn to glare at her. She laughs and shrugs.

“You know boys only want one thing most of the time. And it’s a fact that he wants you.”

I shake my head and roll my eyes. “Can’t a boy and girl just be friends and nothing more?”

She grabs one of the decorative soaps next to the sink and starts pushing her nails into it.

“I guess so…but it sounds to me that he likes you. Don’t let his seductive blue eyes get to you Rose! You’re stronger than that!” She says dramatically.

I wipe my mouth with the towel next to me and look at her, folding my arms. “Jay, the only thing I have to worry about tomorrow is talking to him. You know how I am around people!

She looks up to me and gives me a funny look. “You seemed fine talking to his sisters.”

I think for a moment and nod. “They were easy to talk to. But he’s a boy, a nice looking boy at that!” I justify.

She places the soap down and lifts a tan eyebrow. “Y-you like him!” She smiles at me.

My cheeks begin to tingle and I rush out of the bathroom and to my bed. She follows quickly behind, grabbing my shoulders and spinning me to her. She examines my blushing cheeks and smacks my shoulder excitedly.

“You do like him! Rose! Good for you!” She grins widely. “Now go jump on that like a lion during mating season!”

My nose wrinkles as I think about her description. I leap into bed and in the process toss the blankets around me. She sits next to me and giggles as she tries to find me under my mountain of covers. When she finds me I turn to face her and let my blush take over her eyes.

“Oh Rose. You can be read like a book!” She squeezes my cheeks between her fingers and I swat her away.

“Can we talk about something different, please?” I ask, avoiding her eyes.

“Sure, what?”

I think and look to her. “I’ve lost like five pounds!” I excitedly reply

Her forehead wrinkles as she cocks her head. “Have you been working out or something?

“No, I just haven’t been eating a lot because I haven’t really been hungry. I can eat a yogurt with some granola and I’ll be full for the rest of the day…” I tell her, my voice muffled under the layers of covers I’m hidden in.

She grabs a magazine next to my bed and flips through it before saying, “You used to love to eat? What’s up with that?”

I shrug, finding nothing to say. My eyes peer to my window as the darkness from outside floods inside my room. I see a small white figure in the darkness on the next roof. I untangle myself from all the covers and saunter over to the window. Louis lay on his roof, gazing up at the stars just as we were last night. From what I could see he had something laid out in front of him. I squint to see but nothing registers.

“What’s that?” Jay asks beside me.

I turn to glower at her, she knows better than to sneak up on me like that.

“Lou is on his roof. Just wanted to see what he was doing.” I reply slowly, looking back out of the window.

She watches with me for a few seconds and laughs. “We are being stalkers. Lets stop this!”

She takes the shades and closes them in front of me. I look to her and she extends her arms.

“I’m leaving now honey! Tell me how tomorrow goes! Tell me if you get the D.” She winks at me and I push her away playfully and hug her after.

Soon enough I find myself laying in bed staring at the black sealing. The red light blinking on the smoke detector captivates my tired eyes as my mind reels on what he could want to show me. I close my eyes and my mind starts to shut down. But excitement lingers in my chest on what tomorrow could bring.