Chapter 39

Marcel's POV

“I'm here to talk about Marcel.”

My heart stops in my chest. My breath gets stuck in my lungs. My body shuts down.

A second feels like a minute. A minute feels like an hour.

Waiting for what she'll says feels like an eternity.

The room is silent. No one is talking.

All I can hear is someone coughing hysterically. It must be Niall. He probably choked on his food.

“Sorry,” Niall croaks, “What were you saying?”

“I need to tell you something about Marcel.

“And what about him?” Louis asks.

What about me? What is she going to say? I'm sure she can hear my heart pounding. It feels like it's going to burst. My ears sound like a drum is banging inside them.

“I know you guys don't really know him. Only Louis and Niall have talked to him...” she starts.

I've talked to them all.

I want to pop out from behind the couch and say that I'm here. I don't want to know what she has to say about me.

What if it's bad?

“But I'm worried about him...” she says.

She's worried about me?

“Why?” Liam says kindly.

“A lot of stuff has happened since I moved here...”

Don't tell them, Cami. Please don't tell them.

“I'm not going to tell you, it's personal.”

Phew.

“But a lot of it was bad... And I thought he was getting better..”

I am getting better.

At least I think I am...

My foot is tingling so badly. C'mon Cam, get to the point. I don't want to be behind here forever.

“And today he was acting so weird. Like he was hiding something from me. He was acting how he acted before... Well, something bad... He didn't talk a lot today, it was like he was deep in thought. Then, he talked to Niall, which he never does. So I was wondering why he was talking to you. What'd he say?”

Oh no.

Niall better be a good liar.

“Um,” Niall mumbles.

I hold my breath.

Don't ruin this Niall.

“He, um, he wanted to go to a football game with me,” Niall says slowly.

I what?

That's the best thing he could come up with? Really? Is it not obvious that I don't like sports?

I wouldn't even be able to go to a football game since I work at the concession stand.

I slap my forehead.

“What was that?” Cami says.

Crap.

I shouldn't have done that.

“There was a spider,” Louis blurts, “I killed it though! No need to worry!”

“Oh... Why does he want to go to a football game?” Cami asks.