Chapter 10

Marcel's POV

It's Saturday and Cami and I are shopping for paint. She's searching for the perfect turquoise. Isn't turquoise just a blue green? How specific does it have to be?

“What about this one?” I ask her, holding up a paint sample.

She shakes her head, “Too green.”

I laugh, “We've looked at every turquoise! I think I've gone blind!”

She scans the paint samples, “That's it!” she shrieks, grabbing one, “This is the one!”

“Finally!!”

*

“Do you have any idea how to paint?” I ask Cami once we're at her house.

“Nope, no idea. Never too late to learn though.”

I smile. We're both dressed in baggy t-shirts and sweatpants. We've covered everything and taped the walls so everything is all ready to go. Cami has music playing too, she likes a lot of the same bands as me.

“You first,” Cami says to me as we both look at the paint.

“No, you.”

“Fine, we'll do it together.”

We both dip our rollers in the paint and put them on the walls. We slowly begin to paint the walls.

After about an hour, we have two walls almost done. Cami's dancing and singing and painting all at once, I'm amazed at the fact she can multitask so well. I take a look over at Cami, she's climbing up on a step stool.

“What are you doing?” I ask her.

“I just need to get this one... little spot,” she says.

“Cami, I don't think you're supposed to use the roller for-” I cut myself off as Cami starts to sneeze.

“Achooo!” Her hand goes flying up in the air, the roller smashing into the ceiling. She goes tumbling off the step stool. I try to catch her, but I don't get there in time. She lands right in the paint. Paint splatters all over the place, including on me. Cami sits silent for a second in the paint.

“I'm afraid to look,” she says quietly while shutting her eyes, "It feels like I pooped my pants."

“More like had a paint explosion. Are you okay?” I grab her hands and pull her from the paint. She opens up her eyes and starts cracking up. She can't stop laughing.

“Oh my God,” she says through the laughter, “Look at the ceiling!”

A big blue spot is on the ceiling, and it's dripping a little bit.

“You should see yourself right now, Cam!” I tell her, laughing too.

“Same to you!”

We're both uncontrollably laughing.

“My stomach! I can't breathe!” Cami shrieks through giggles. We're both laying on the floor beside eachother.

Cami flicks her hands at me, splashing me with some paint. I dip my finger in the paint and put it on her nose. She smiles widely, “We look like Smurfs.”

“We're gonna have blue hair for months!” I say.

Cami picks herself up off the ground and reaches down to help me up. She loos around and up at the ceiling, “Besides that, it's coming out very nice. I can put a poster right there and cover it up.”

I don't say anything, I just stare at Cami while she looks around.

“Why are you staring at me?” she asks, smiling.

“Your whole backside is blue,” I tell her.

She slaps her hand on her forehead, “These were my good pants too!”

I start laughing.

“Now what!?” she says.

“You had paint on your hand! You have a hand print on your face!” I say.

She tilts her head back and giggles, “Just my luck. Oh, Marcel, you have a little something,” she smacks her hand onto my cheek, “Right there!”

“Cami!” she runs out of the room and down the hall. I chase after her. I catch up to her and grab her waist, spinning her around. She shrieks and kicks her legs while laughing.

“Put me down!” she says.

I carry her into her room and put her down on the floor. I'm above her in push up position. I shake my hair and paint drips onto her face.

“Marcel!” she giggles.

I stay above her, we just look at eachother. I can feel her breath on my face and I can smell paint all around us.

“I want a picture of this,” she suddenly says.

We get off the ground and she grabs her Polaroid. I laugh as she takes a picture. She shakes it and waits for it to dry, “This came out cute!” She shows it to me, I'm covered in paint. It is a nice photo. I look genuinely happy.

“Here, I'll take one of you,” I say taking the camera.

She puts her hand out to try to stop me, but I snap one anyways. Once it dries, I smile at the photo. Behind her fingers, she's smiling widely in the photo.

“I like this one,” I tell her. She looks at it and laughs.

“We really are a mess!”

“That's okay, without the mess it wouldn't have been so fun!"

Yay! I got to post again today. My orthodontist appointment was shorter than planned, so I got to write this chapter! I hope you all like it! I think it's cute. :) When I painted my room, my mom sneezed so now there's paint on my ceiling, that's how I thought of the idea hahaha :) Once again, thanks for reading and I love your comments! I just want to come and hug all of you and give you all candy. <3