Chapter 9

Cami's POV

I walk blindly through my dark room trying not to make any noise. I walk into my bureau and stub my toe. I bite my lip to not make any noise. I start to get undressed and put on my pajamas.

“Um, I'm in here,” I hear a voice say.

I turn on my phone and put the light towards the voice. It's Sam. “Why are you in my room Sam?!” I hiss. I'm shielding my chest since my shirt is hanging on my head.

“Let's see. You're out late, you snuck in, so I'm obviously gonna tell Mom.”

“What do you want?”

“Dishes for two weeks.”

“I hate you,” I grunt, “Now get out of my room.”

“You're gonna be in so much trouble tomorrow!” Sam says before he leaves.

I put on my pajamas once he's gone and hop into bed. I can't fall asleep, it's been such a good night. I smile while rewinding the events in my mind. At some point, I drift off to sleep.

*

I sleepily smack my alarm to shut it off. I grunt at the thought of facing my mom. I squish my face into my pillow, not wanting to get up. I want to stay in bed all day, I'm so tired from last night.

I slowly get shower and get ready. I trudge down the stairs to the kitchen, I'm going to be in so much trouble. My mom is sitting at the table drinking a coffee and reading the paper. I quietly walk past her to get some cereal.

“Good morning,” she says sweetly.

“Good morning...?”

“How was last night?”

“Good, I had a lot of fun.”

“Fun... Hmm... What kind of fun?”

“You know I came home late, don't you?”

“Yes, I do. Would you like to explain what you were doing?” She peers at me suspiciously.

“Marcel and I went out for frozen yogurt then to a lake. We were just talking and having fun. I guess it got late and we both fell asleep.”

“Nothing happened?” she asks using finger quotes.

“What? Ew! Mom, that's disgusting! I would never!”

“Thank goodness, just making sure. So tell me about it. How was it?”

I laugh at her change in emotions. First she's mad and now she's back to normal. All moms seem to do that. It's weird.

“It was fun. I learned a lot about Marcel last night. He has a bunch of tattoos with a ton of meaning behind them.”

“He's not a convict disguised as a nerd, is he?”

I giggle, “No, Mom, he's not!”

“What kind of tattoos?”

“I want to keep that to myself. He doesn't share his thoughts with people. I'd like to think I'm special, that it's only between us,” I tell her, smiling.

“Okay, sweetie. Whatever you want.”

“I'm gonna go get Marcel now,” I say, getting ready to leave, “Thanks for not punishing me and being understanding!” I quickly say.

“I never said you're not punished! Come back in here!”

I grunt and head back inside.

“What's my punishment?” I mutter.

“You can't go out past 7:00 for two weeks. You have to text me where you are every hour when you go out.”

“What am I? Five?”

“That's what you get. Look Cam, it's okay to be a teenager and stay out late once in awhile, you just have to let me know where you are and what's going on. I was worried about you.”

“I'm sorry, Mom. I just lost track of time. I won't do it again.”

“I know you won't, but you're still punished.”

I smile, “It was worth a shot to try to get out of it.”

“You're not getting out of this one. You're going to be late now, get going. Have a good day.”

I text Marcel and tell him I'm on my way. When I get to his house, he hops in and immediately asks if I'm punished.

“Yep,” I mumble, “I can't go out past 7 for two weeks and when I'm out I have to text my mom every hour.”

“I'm sorry, it's my fault. If it makes you feel any better, my laptop was taken away for a week.”

“That's probably horrible for you. And no it's not your fault, don't worry about it. I had a great night last night.”

“Can people come over your house?”

“I guess so, my mom never mentioned that. Why?”

“I'll come over tomorrow then and help you decorate your room. If you want me to of course.”

“Really? You'd do that?”

“Yeah, it sounds fun.”

"Now I'm in a much better mood. Thanks, Marcel!"

He blushes and smiles. I smile too. It should be fun tomorrow. I wasn't looking forward to decorating, but now I am.

I thought I'd update before I went to the orthodontist. I don't know when I'll be able to update again, hopefully tomorrow. I hope you all like this fanfic! I love all your comments, so don't stop commenting because they make me smile! I love y'all. <3