Chapter 14

I let myself forget about kissing Cami and just have fun at the concert with her. I'm going to try my best to push all these feelings away for now.

They're singing the last song and confetti is falling. Cami's looking up amazed and smiling widely as it falls. She reaches up to grab a hand full of the red confetti. She looks over at me and throws some at my face, causing us both to laugh. She's singing loudly at the top of her lungs, she's definitely not going to have a voice tomorrow.

When the songs over, Cami grabs my hand, “Run, fast!” she says, dragging me along.

Why are we running?

Then I realize why. The crowd to leave is huge. There's barely any space to move. Cami shoves through them all, careful not to let go of my hand. She's like a pro at this, she's definitely been to a lot of concerts. I step on at least three people, earning angry glares and shouts from strangers.

Somehow, we manage to get to the car in record time. We both collapse in our seats, tired from standing and running through the crowd.

I see Cami looking out the window at something off to the side.

“What are you looking at?” I ask her.

She points and turns away from the window and smiles at me, “We're gonna sneak into a meet and greet.”

She jumps out of the car and waits for me to come out. I walk over to her, “How are we sneaking into a meet and greet?”

“The door is open! C'mon! Follow me.”

I obediently follow her to an open door. She looks around and walks inside. It's a plain gray hallway.

“Where to now?” I ask.

She shrugs, “I don't know. Guess we'll just walk around until we find it.”

We walk down an endless hallway until we get to a room that says “The Fray” on the door.

“This isn't a meet and greet, it's their dressing room!” she shrieks, jumping up and down.

“Then where's the meet and greet?”

“Who knows! But let's go in, no one's in there,” she says, peaking in.

“Cam, I don't know.”

“C'mon, we're not gonna get caught.”

She slowly opens the door and walks inside the dressing room. There's instruments everywhere. She runs her fingers along one of the guitars.

“It's beautiful,” she whispers.

“Play for me.”

She blushes, “I don't know, Marcel...”

“We're not gonna get caught,” I say, mimicking her.

She gently picks it up, “Fine, one song. That's it.”

She starts strumming and I instantly know what the song is. It's “Fall for You” by Secondhand Serenade. Of all songs to pick, does she seriously have to pick this song?

“The best thing about tonight's that we're not fighting
Could it be that we have been this way before
I know you don't think that I am trying
I know you're wearing thin down to the core
But hold your breath
Because tonight will be the night that I will fall for you
Over again
Don't make me change my mind
Or I won't live to see another day
I swear it's true
Because a girl like you is impossible to find
You're impossible to find
This is not what I intended

I always swore to you I'd never fall apart
You always thought that I was stronger
I may have failed
But I have loved you from the start...”

She continues to sing until I hear someone coming.

“Who's singing?” I hear a voice in the distance say. Cami hears it too. She stops playing and curses.

We've been found.

Suspense! Hope you like this! And I'm not sure when I'll get to update tomorrow, I'm going to the beach! Yay!

AND THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR OVER 12K READS. I CAN'T BELIEVE IT OMG ILY <3