Chapter 29

Cami's POV

“Do you wanna talk about it?” I ask him once we're in the car.

He shakes his head no. It's like the first day I met him all over again.

I sigh, “You sure?”

He nods.

I take this time to call Anne and tell her Marcel is okay. She's relieved and I tell her I'll bring him home soon. Her tone has changed so much. She used to be sobbing and now she's full of joy.

I'm so thankful I found him.

“I punched Ethan,” he mumbles after I hang up.

I look over at him and smile, “Marcel, I'm proud of you for doing that.”

“I'm not proud of myself. I stooped to his level. I hurt someone.”

I put my hand on his arm, “He deserved it.”

“You think so?”

“I know so.”

He looks at me with sad eyes. I can tell he's disappointed in himself. They're usually bright green, but right now they're almost gray. He's like a sad little kid that just lost his puppy. He's so innocent and sweet and delicate. I just want to hold him in my arms forever and protect him.

“There's more than just that though, isn't there?” I ask him.

“Yes,” he whispers.

I wait for him to tell me.

“Everything was just too much. It's just been events piling up on top of each other for the past few years and I finally shattered.”

“We can pick up the pieces and put you back together.”

“I'm not so sure.”

“I'll be here every step of the way for you. I promise.”

I drive Marcel home in silence. Neither of us really want to talk. We're both thinking about everything that's happened.

Once we're at Marcel's, Anne runs and hugs him tightly, “Marcel! You're safe, you're okay,” she says, patting his hair while hugging him.

He shows a meek smile, “I'm sorry, Mom.”

“It's okay, sweetie. Let's all sit down and talk.”

“Do you want me to go?” I ask.

“No, stay,” Marcel says.

“Marcel... I think you know where you have to go. You're going to need therapy...” Anne says quietly.

He leans back and covers his face with his hands. He props his elbows up on the table, “I knew that was coming. Now people can bully me for going to the insanity hospital.”

“Honey, it is not an insanity hospital! It will help you! You are not insane.”

He breaks down, “I am, Mom. I tried- I tried to kill myself. I'm not normal!” He's crying again and I hold his hand.

“That's okay. Really. I still love you no matter what,” Anne says, trying to cry too. She hugs him again until they both calm down.

“And, the choice to graduate earlier is still available...” Anne says.

What? Graduate early?

He sits silently for a minute before answering, “No, there's only a month left. I know I've had enough credits since January to graduate, but it wouldn't be the same... I can do it...”

“Are you sure?”

“Mom, I'm sure...”

After talking for an hour, Anne goes upstairs for bed and to calm down.

“Stay as long as you like,” she tells me, “Thank you.”

We go up to Marcel's room and sit on his bed.

“Thank you, Cam. For everything,” he tells me

“Don't thank me. I'm not a hero.”

“You are though. You saved me. Not just tonight, but from the first time I met you. That day, I was going to sign the graduation form. I wasn't going to have to go to high school again. But then you came along, and you gave me hope. I told my counselor I needed another week to think about it, I wasn't sure if you'd leave me. But you never left. And I stuck through school...”

“Marcel...” I say, more tears slipping out of my eyes. I put my head in his lap, “You know, today was six months since my dad died.... I was at the cemetery today and I was talking to him. And I feel like he was beside me and listening. I told him about you. And when I did, the clouds opened up a little bit and the sun shone through for a minute. I think it was my dad telling me that you were a good choice. That everything would be okay.”

“He would be proud of you,” he says, leaning down and kissing my forehead.

I smile a little, “You think so?”

He plays with my hair, “I know so.”

I hope you all like this chapter! I still can't believe how much has happened in the past week or two on the Internet. I'm more popular online then in real life! haha. I just got 102 subscribers on YouTube, this fanfic has 430k reads, Fizzy Tomlinson follows my Instagram.... And sadly, no Niall follow with his follow spree :( As always, thanks for reading and being amazing and I love you all.

Instagram: delicatedreams and 1delicioussss