Chapter 23

Marcel's POV

It's been over a week since I've talked to Cami. She hasn't called me for two days, I think she's given up.

It's officially over.

I've gone back to sitting alone at school and talking to no one. I'm back to reading every day. I'm back to my old life.

I'm trying to forget about Cami.

She sits with some of the drama girls, she's already made new friends. She's happy without me...

I'm not happy without her.

I haven't even been to school this week. I went on Monday but I haven't gone since. I was too nervous without Cami and I had a panic attack that wouldn't stop. It's too much to handle alone, knowing that everyone may know every secret of mine.

I'm at home right now reading a book. It's a Friday night. I usually would be with Cami about now. But I'm not.

My phone rings and it's Cami. I thought she'd stopped calling. I don't pick up and I wait for her to leave a message.

“Hi, Marcel... Well, uh, tonight I'm having a concert... It would've been our concert. It's with The Fray, they set it up for us.. I mean me. So, um, yeah... If you wanna come, which I know you won't because I'm a jerk, but you're the reason this is happening. It's downtown... I'm sorry, Marcel. I really am...”

A concert? The Fray set up a concert for us? And I'm not there. I don't want to be there, do I? I would've been there performing. But I'm not.

It's amazing how everything can change so quickly.

I shower quickly and get dressed. I'm not sure what I'm doing or why, but I start driving downtown. I drive until I find the venue of the concert. My heart's racing as I park outside. What am I doing? I should just go home. I slowly walk inside and sit in the back, trying to stay unnoticed. I'm here just in time. It's just now starting. The lights dim and the stage lights shine on Cami and The Fray.

Cami's changed a lot in the past few days. It looks like she hasn't slept at all, she has big bags under her eyes. Her usually bright eyes are now dark and emotionless. Her hair is shorter, much shorter. She looks nervous and sad. I wonder if it's because of me...

She doesn't even look like how I remember her. She's not the Cami I used to know.

The music starts up and Cami looks into the audience. She's searching every face, I wonder who she's looking for.

“I can't do this,” she chokes out, “I'm sorry.”

She runs off stage and the lights turn back on. The music stops and everyone begins to whisper.

I run to go find her.

Sorry this is really short but now it's suspenseful. I hope you like this! I love all your comments! Thank you so much for reading! <3

instagram: 1delicioussss and delicatedreams