Chapter Fifteen

Written by Kay (TheCrazySide)

*So while writing this chapter, I listened to the song on the right and found it very fitting for Zayn and Miranda's whole relationship. I would even deem it as their "themesong" so to speak. So like in chapter five (where the last song was) there will be a point in this chapter where a little note saying [PLAY SONG] will be, so please do so and I think it adds a lot more emotion to the scene! Thank you all! :)

Chapter Fifteen
Miranda 

I tried to block out Zayn’s curses and shouts as the door slammed closed, Harry’s maniac laughter dying away along with the others’ footsteps.

Now, it’s not like any time in my life before this had I been tied, beaten, and forced to watch the same happen to someone else, but this whole thing was somehow feeling very typical all of a sudden. No, I definitely didn’t expect the others to actually overthrow Zayn, even with all their talk, but after seeing them falling apart at Rosalie’s escape, something bad just seemed likely to happen… like this.

I should have been grateful too, shouldn’t I have? I should have been laughing at them all and enjoying their panic and that Zayn was tied like me by his own cronies, but I couldn’t. I felt bad for Zayn, sorry even. I wanted him to come out on top of this all for some reason, even if that meant my own demise. I wanted him to win because… I still loved him.

Despite Harry’s threat and despite all the indifferent glares and comments, I couldn’t help it. I couldn’t help loving him and I had no idea why. Maybe it was because in all this darkness, he was my only light, as cheesy as it sounded. He healed me, he defended me, and I knew that deep down somewhere, he had to care. He had to.

“For God’s sake,” Zayn muttered, finally seeming to give up blindly shouting at his long-gone mates. He was already attempting to wrestle with his bindings, bindings that I knew were near impossible to undo. Even for Rosalie, it took days to get free of them, and she maneuvered much better than Zayn was.

I only sat and watched him writhing on the ground, an image that would have been pretty funny were it not for the situation. With Harry’s implications that after they killed Rosalie – God, I should have been worrying about her more than Zayn, what was wrong with me – they’d come back for us… nothing about it was amusing.

Part of me had a feeling that they wouldn’t really murder Zayn though, I mean, how could they? He was part of their famous band. Could they even do it without him?

Another part of me knew better what they were capable of though, and therefore knew that they could probably find some way to cover it up, make it look like an accident or suicide even.

God, spending so much time with such monsters was beginning to get me thinking like them.

“Zayn,” I said quietly, beginning to even get mildly annoyed by all his grunts of effort, the way he so persistently was trying to bend over backwards to get untied. “It’s not that easy.”

He didn’t answer, only continued trying fervently to escape. “Zayn,” I said again, this time louder.

Jeez, I was beginning to understand how Rosalie felt with me now. As much as I loved Zayn, being tied up in the same room with him and having him not listening was one of the most frustrating things I’d ever experienced. If only he would listen…

“Zayn!”

Zayn finally stopped, looking up at me with a dying fire in his eyes. “What?” He hissed, looking more irritated than anything. Well, that made two of us.