Chapter Ten (Part Two)

Written by Kenz (TogetherWeRise)

Chapter Ten; Part Two
Rosalie

I looked up at my dad. He was still standing by the doorway, rubbing his arms and looking around in a way that could be described as nervous. Confused, I cocked my head to the side. There was no reason for him to be upset. I was home now. I was safe.

That was all that mattered...wasn't it?

"What's wrong, Dad?"

He took a deep breath. "Well.. the detective's said that you told them that One Direction was who kidnapped you."

Hearing his dubious tone caused my smile to fade, "yes, I did, because it was them who did it."

"Oh, Rosalie," he sighed, rubbing the back of his neck. "Maybe the sick bastards gave you a hallucinagenic. You suffered blows to the head. You're dehydrated..."

It took a minute for what he was saying to sink in. When the meaning of his words hit home, my jaw dropped and I stared at him in surprise. That was far from the reaction that I expected. How couldn't he believe me?

"Dad," Lorraine pointedly. "She's gone through a lot."

My eyes darted to her, "you believe me. Don't you, Lorrie?"

"Relax," she said softly.

But she averted her eyes, looking at the fake plant in the corner rather than at me. My stomach dropped to my knees and I shook my head vehemothly. Panic spread through me. This couldn't be happening. They had to believe me. I was telling the truth!

"It happened," I insisted. "Harry left a note in my CD and told me to meet them in the parking garage! He, Louis and Niall chased me down and tied me up and brought me to a house-"

"That's enough," Dad cut in. "Go to sleep, Rose."

"No! You have to believe me. They kidnapped me. They- They've killed so many other girls..."

My voice trailed off as I took in the sight of them. Dad was staring intently at his hands and Lorraine had moved from my side to stand by the window. They were humoring me by letting me go on. Neither of them believed me. 

I felt like I was suffocating, like the room was closing in on me. My stomach was flipping and my fingers were trembling. The sense of impending doom seemed to be crushing me. My head was spinning and I swallowed hard around a wad in my throat.

"Look at me," I cried desperately. "Look at me! Do you think I've done this to myself? Why would I lie?"

They still weren't listening. Lorraine's thin arms wrapped around her midsection and she closed her eyes tightly. Dad looked uncomfortable. I sat up again and began to pull at the tape holding the IV in my vein. I had to find out how to prove it to them. 

"Come on, get the detectives. We- We can go to the cabin right now. If we get back to the highway I can bring you there!" 

Finally, I managed to peel the tape off. I grabbed the tube and yanked it out of the back of my hand, wincing as it messily slid out. The pinch I felt was nothing compared to the torture I'd endured over the last few days, though, and I barely made a sound. Blood began to run down my hand and I ignored it.

I swung my feet over the edge of the bed and began to gingerly slide off. At the sound of my paper gown and the sheets beneath me crinkling, Lorraine's eyes popped open and she raced over. With two dainty hands on my shoulders, she tried to push me back down as Detective Cassidy had done.