Chapter Three

Written by Kay (TheCrazySide)

Chapter Three
Miranda 

I felt myself being pulled back into consciousness, being able to feel the ache though my body and the throb in my head. My neck screamed in protest as I lifted my head again, attempting to shift my body slightly in the chair I was bound to. 

Looking around, everything seemed the same. The room still had two small windows, allowing both sun and moonlight to shine through, though both weren’t always pleasant. The room still was grimy and grey, like a basement right out of a cliché horror movie, and just as unbearable. 

Every day was like this, at least lately it had been. I used to try and force myself to stay awake no matter what, just incase any of them tried to sneak up on me, slit my throat by surprise in the middle of the night. 

But then I realized that though they do like to taunt and construct terror in me, they do still live the double life. They do still have other matters to attend to, being a famous boy band and whatnot. Nowadays, I didn’t really try to stay awake; I couldn’t, even if I wanted to. I just didn’t have it in me, I wasn’t strong enough for that anymore.

So instead, every night I’d sit staring at the moonlight through the windows, trying to not imagine all the things that went bump in the night, all the people, or more like five in specific. 

It wasn’t long until I had scanned the room again and realized that something was indeed different. The whole time I had been here so far, I’d been alone. Now, sitting against the other wall, tied to a chair identical to mine, was another girl.

The first thing that hit me was fear. 

There was another girl here, with me. With them. With us. And that only meant one thing… 

I was going to die, very, very soon. 

“Hey you’re awake,” the girl said, watching me with cautious pale-green eyes. 

I looked her over to see her dressed in a dirty football uniform from head to toe, her hair a messy array of blonde, and her face clenched tight. She looked to be a year or two younger than myself, I was having trouble figuring out if I was reading fear from her expression or defiance, but either way it was bad news. 

“I- I guess the longer you try to stay awake, the heavier you sleep,” I finally choked out, my voice hoarse and quiet in the near-empty room. 

The girl looked at me for a moment longer before her face finally broke. Worry lines creased her forehead as she took me in, and at that moment I realized what a sight I must’ve been. 

My clothes were well beyond filthy by now, not getting to take care of my hygiene at all, and they definitely weren’t going to. My lips still felt dry and swollen from the punches, and I could feel crusted blood in my hairline. Though I wasn’t sure if it was still there, I could practically feel the sharp red line across my throat from when I first got here and antagonized Louis too much, to the point where he almost slit my throat. Almost. 

Zayn and Harry had quickly pulled him back and snapped, saying that it wasn’t how they worked, how the killings were supposed to go. They said it would take all the fun out of dragging it out, and they’d just have to go get someone else, which would be too suspicious, too soon.

Looking at this girl now, I knew that she had no idea of the nightmare she was being pulled into, but she was getting a glimpse of the result from looking at me.