Chapter Eleven

Written by Kay (TheCrazySide)

Chapter Eleven
Liam

I’d never seen us so on edge before.

I mean, it wasn’t as if we didn’t have a good reason to be, what with Rosalie escaping, but still, this was bad.

We searched for hours into the night, of course, finding absolutely nothing, especially in the dark. It was a pretty hopeless cause by the time we had gathered ourselves enough to search for her; she was long gone or just plain hidden, even in her condition.

It was a bit frightening though, seeing everyone falling apart bit by bit. And that was me admitting that, the one known for handling his emotions best.

Niall was antsy, as usual, but was a lot quieter. He didn’t rant endlessly about what he wanted to do to the small one, or even the bitch when we found her. Because though I secretly didn’t believe it, at least not entirely, Zayn and Harry continued to insist that we would find her, eventually.

I didn’t think they really believed it either.

Louis spent most of his time bothering Harry with all his little nervous ticks, biting his nails, tugging his eyelashes, those types of things. And in turn, Harry spent a lot of his time trying to get him to stop, becoming harsher and more aggressive with every attempt.

And Zayn… In truth, I didn’t really know what to say about Zayn.

He was scaring the shit out of all of us by not being as collected as he usually was. He didn’t take charge quite as much as before, allowed Harry to even dominate himself more frequently, which was the real hint that something was seriously wrong.

But that wasn’t the worst thing, not really.

It was the day that he came and talked to me while the others were out. That was when I knew this problem had gone far beyond concern of a girl escaping. It had somehow progressed into something much, much bigger.

The pair of us was sitting at the dining room table, absorbed in our own various activities and thoughts.

Zayn had seemed beyond interested in eggs he was eating, more so than normal. So to say the least, it was a surprise when he suddenly snapped his head up, watching me with a gaze that could only be described as cautious.

“Liam?”

I pretended not to notice his staring until he said my name. At that point, I snapped my head up to look at him, raising my eyebrows a bit in silent question.

“Can- can I talk to you about something?” He asked, sounding more unsure of himself than I’d ever heard before.

I forced myself to continue keeping a calm exposure though, setting my phone facedown on the table to give him my full attention. “Of course,” I said.

Zayn continued playing with the eggs on his plate, moving them around with his fork before he met my eyes again, looking more vulnerable than I’d ever seen him before.

“Don’t tell the others this, okay?” He began, and I found myself getting more and more concerned as the seconds ticked on. “I trust you the most, and I just… I just don’t think- I don’t-“

“Zayn,” I said, trying to get him back on track here. He was never so exposed as I was seeing him now, so… weak. It was making me anxious, which I definitely didn’t like.