Prologue

Copyright  © 2013, TheCrazySide & TogetherWeRise on Wattpad.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED 
~
This part is dedicated to Alexandra for helping us plan out a lot of this story, and make the cover! We both really wish that she were able to continue working on it with us, but since she can't, we'll create it to be the best it can be and make her proud! xx
~

Written by Kay (TheCrazySide)

Prologue
Miranda

The endless darkness was threatening; crushing even.

I felt between that and the silence, I would suffocate, though that was probably better than what I might endure. Anything would be better than dying senselessly at the hands of those monsters.

The silence was utterly terrifying because I didn’t know what was happening, where they were, or what they might do to me. For all I knew, they could have been out deceiving other innocent fans, meeting oblivious supporters that were happy just to be near them, or planning ways to kill them; maybe they were doing it already.

The thought made me shudder, and doing that only agonized the muscles in my arms and back. Having my arms bound behind me with jagged rope, I felt myself losing feeling in them, but it was better than being untied with them around.

What was I going to do? I was hopelessly trapped, injured, and quite possibly about to die. What hope did I have to escape from them? I was highly outnumbered, and even if I managed to free myself, I couldn’t think of a fool proof way out.

I should’ve known something was wrong, I should have sensed it, seen it in their predatory eyes even; but I was too stupidly happy just being with them. I was too preoccupied thinking that they chose me, but who was I kidding? I was just another easy victim, and who knew how many had come before me?

My slouched shoulders snapped up with my head as I heard the chatter of voices, excited and rambunctious.

They were back.

As I heard them moving down the stairs, I shut my eyes tightly and began to pray to every god I did and didn’t believe in that by some miracle they’d leave me alone, they wouldn’t hurt me anymore, and they’d let me go.

Though I knew how far fetched it was, it seemed to work, because their footsteps and excited voices passed the room I was in without any hint of hesitation.

“Jane,” I heard one of them call instead, speaking as if playing a game with a small child, though it was taunting, condescending, and cruel. It was all a sick game to them.

“Have you missed us?” I heard another say, coming from a bit further away.

My body shook in fear, though in that moment, it was for the other girl more than myself. Who knew what they were going to do to her? From my little experience of the place already, it couldn’t possibly be good.

There were muffled laughs and then complete silence, at least from what I could hear. Thinking that nothing too terrible had happened, I let out the breath I hadn’t realized I’d been holding, but it was a moment too soon.

A piercing shriek suddenly filled the air, ringing loudly in my ears, rushing through my throbbing head, and coursing through my veins. It was evident of torment and pain; the last call of someone who was suffering beyond belief.

The worst part was that they didn’t stop. The screams went on and on, and as hard as I tried, I couldn’t block them out. About half way through, I realized they weren’t just torturing her, they were killing her, at least that’s what they were aiming for in the end.

I tried to silence the horrid thought that was worming its way into my mind; the thought that told me it would be me next. Soon enough, I would be the one begging and screaming for mercy, for a quick death, and they would be laughing in my face just as they did to countless innocent victims before me.

I had never even met the girl in the other room, Jane. I’d never even seen her face or heard her actually speak, and that should've made it easier, but it’s didn’t. Nothing could make hearing the pain she was enduring easier.

A hot tear slipped down my cheek and I shook my head, trying to compose myself.

You’ll be okay Miranda, you’ll be okay.

I loudly chanted it over and over in my head, almost like a mantra. I was trying to fight against every scream and cold-hearted laugh I heard, trying somehow to reassure myself that I’d still be alive in the morning.

But then it stopped.

The next screamed plea was cut off only half way through, and all I could hear was the pounding of my erratic heart. I waited, practically holding my breath again as the footsteps began to travel in my direction.

“Miranda,” the voices cooed, and though I didn’t think they’d kill me, I had ideas of what they might do; and they were so much worse.

Suddenly there they were, creeping through the doorway, covered in fresh blood from head to toe; that poor girl’s blood. They each had sinister grins plastered on their faces, malicious intent clear in their gazes.

“You didn’t think we forgot about you, did you?” One sneered.

I wanted so badly to respond, “I wish you had”, but I bit my tongue and choked back sobs instead.