Chapter 8: I'm Free!!

~ I've been having these chemotherapy sessions for already 5 months, and this week marks the 6th month. I hope this is the very last month or even the very last week for my sessions. If my results turn out as a good one, I'll be stopping my sessions and just drink the prescribed medicines. If not, I'll still continue for the next weeks or even months ~

*beep beep beep* ~ snoozed ~

*door opening*
*foot steps getting closer*
*body shaking* ugh what the heck is going on

"Honey, wake up. It's already 7 in the morning and you have to go to Dr. Clarkson at exactly eight" I heard my uncle telling me while shaking my body. I'm too lazy to get up.

"Can't I be late, just for now" I murmured as I opened my eyes. The sun shines so brightly and it burns my eyes. Sun why are you so mean to me? *sobs*

"No honey, we have to go there on time. Come on now" He answered. I got up and went downstairs. I saw my aunt and uncle sitting in the dining room. I sat down and we began eating. Mmmm, my breakfast is so delicious. Pancakes + Bacon = Happy Tummy. As soon as we finished eating, I rushed to the bathroom and bathe. Cold water is so refreshing.

After bathing, I quickly dried myself up and look for appropriate clothes. It's pretty difficult to match your blouse to your skirt, pants or shorts. But I just chose whatever I saw in the closer which is decent.  I just got a plain white blouse matched with a floral black skirt and pumps. I went down and we immediately went to the hospital. We got there on time and now I'm pretty nervous.

We entered the hospital and went to Dr. Clarkson's Clinic. We waited for 5 minutes before entering his clinic. He greeted us and I smiled at him.

Please give me some good results. Please, please, please.

"So, Elise. Are you ready for your results?" Dr. Clarkson asked me and I nodded my head in response. He is analyzing my results properly and turning the pages. My heart begins to beat fast. My hands are shaking. "Okay. Uhm your results are.." He paused as he looked at me. Oh my gosh, they're not good are they. "-Great. Actually, more than great. You're alright now and just continue drinking your medicines. No more sessions then" He continued and he smiled at me. Woah, my heart stopped for a while there, ey.

"So that basically means... I'm free!?" I exclaimed since I will no longer have sessions. Omg I'm free. No more sickness. But yeah, meds are boo! But I don't have leukemia anymore!

"Yes, you are now free. By the way, how are you and James? Are you dating-" He chuckled but he stopped because I gave him the 'I don't know what you're talking about' look. Uh-oh. "He didn't tell you that he likes you yet? Oh sheez. Forget that I told you that. Don't mention that to him, okay?" He continued.

"James, likes me?" I asked with a confused and shocked look. Well, to be honest, James isn't the type of person who confesses to a girl. I remember when he got a girl crush when we were 5, he can't talk to the girl properly when she tried talking to him and he ended up peeing in his pants. Oh, those memories. Good times, good times.

"Well... I don't know. Maybe. No. Yeah?" Dr. Clarkson said and I just laughed. "He can't stop thinking about you ever since we moved away. He even told me when he was just 7 years old that he wants to go back here so that he can marry you. But it was my fault that he couldn't since every 2 years, we move to a different city. It's really hard for both of us to keep on moving to different cities because I just get stationed everywhere" He continued.

"I don't really mind about what he feels. It's a free country. But are you going to move again?" I asked him. I don't want James to move again. I'll miss him and his corny jokes.