34. Guardians

(Media picture of Elijah)

Original Published Date: 14 May 2016

-edited-
•sorry its been a while •

Estelle

"I'm not afraid of you, James. How could I? You're my mate." I say to him.

"Even when you're dying and we're in a place where only you and I can hear each other you're still lying to yourself." He shakes his head with a low chuckle. "You see we're not human, so there's no heaven or hell for us, there's just each other."

"What are you talking about James?" I say.

"I'm saying we have each other and eternity. So if you die, you're born again with no memory of you're Estelle life, and that's why some werewolves mates are like twenty years younger than them. So you die and give up right now and I'll find you again and pretend to love you like I do now, but won't mention a thing about this girl... You." He smiles. And I begin to think. "You know I'm right." He grins.

"I know you're lying. There's only one me-"

"Yeah, until you die." He laughs. "I can't wait for you to die." He says. "Maybe when you're reborn you might actually be cute, maybe pretty, and if you're lucky... beautiful." He smirks.

"Why are you saying this to me?" I try to hold back the tears that threatens to falls.

"I'm just saying what I've been thinking before and after I found out we were mates. I teased you because you deserved to be teased, you are ugly and stupid." He just shrugs his shoulders like this was no big deal. "Are you about cry? Go ahead! If I'm lucky enough I'd get to watch you drown in your sorrow." That was it just saying that made the tears cross over and my cheeks burn red.

"What about our baby?" I ask him.

"I know. I was really hoping it was Victors, so I wouldn't have to raise a baby that got its ugly looks from its mother. But I'd definitely not mind getting Taylor pregnant, but she's mated to that dumb fuck Aaron. But that Luna, Danielle, she's so fine, I just wished you looked like her because I would fuck her all day. You... you're lucky I did you once." James smiles at me and laughs at my sobs. "Damn you're weak."

"What happened to you?" I ask.

"Nothing. Now that you're dying I won't have to be tied down to one bitch for eternity." I cry even more.

"Why?"

"I dunno. You're weak. So weak you can't even have a healthy baby." He walks closer to me, and places his hand on my shoulder. "Just give up. Just die. Be reborn because I don't love you. I never have, and I never will. So do everyone a favor and... die." Those were the words that did it. Those words broke my heart, and I felt my heart stop.

James

I feel my eyes open slowly. Then some one says. "He's coming to." It was a pretty nurse. Black hair green eyes, reminds me of Estelle.

Estelle! What happened to her? "I need to get to my mate." I say with my voice hoarse.

The nurses eyes went wide. "Oh, uh, not right now. I'm nurse Lily by the way." She smiles.

"Lily. I need to get to my mate." I say sitting up.

"I'm afraid I can't let you do that." She says trying to lay me back down.

"I can do what I want, and right now I want to see my mate,  I have to make sure she's okay."

"James. How long do you think you've been unconscious?" She asks cautiously.