5. Golden Watch

(Media picture of Aaron)

Original Published Date: 05 November 2015

-edited-

Estelle POV

"This is the old shack house? This is where you and dad have been hiding?" I ask.

"Ya I grew up here, kind of. I hated it." He had this reminiscing look on his face as he slowly looked around. 

"Shocker." I say quietly and sarcastically.

It looked like it was one of those torture cabins in the movies, except it smelled like nature and gas instead of death and... more death.

"Where is he now?" I ask.

"Gone, I guess. He told me he was going to die, but I guess someone took him." He shrugged carelessly.

"Mom always did say he was a magnet for trouble." I almost whisper, although I know he still heard me.

"Yea, he sure was. He had gotten us into some crazy shit." He tsk's before a manly chuckle.

After about twenty minutes of walking around and talking I finally got ready to leave. I can't believe he's been here this whole time and never gave me a hi, or hello. He just stalked my mom and I, maybe he is as bad as my mom mentioned. Maybe it's a good thing he didn't drag me to that place with him.

"What are you thinking about?" Ethan asked randomly.

"Nothing... nothing important anyway. Keep your eyes on the road." I say.

"Just tell me something about yourself, I want to get to know my little sister." He says, putting his eyes back on the road.

"Okay, what do you want to know?" I ask.

"Your favorite color and why."

"Umm," I hum, "Green. I choose green because... when I run its the softness under my feet that create that vibrant feeling that urges me to keep running, and when I lay on the ground trying to find that mysterious yellow circle and the rays that shine off the lively green leaves, it's just beautiful. What's yours?" I always had a problem with going into detail about the most unimportant things, but it just puts that image in your head, the one you love so much.

"Blue." He answers without a thought.

"Why?"

"I just do. I don't really have a answer for that."

"Everybody has a reason for everything, other wise they're embarrassed and just say 'i dunno' So just think about it, not quickly or you'll sound stupid."

It takes him a minute, I guess he wants to sound poetic or something. "Blue. Its the color of the sky during the day, it gives the sky that rhythm during a sunrise and sunset. It's that blue that make it easy to see the stars as the night begins to go to sleep. That's why I like the color blue." He looks at me and my eyes meet his. I actually like this brother.

"That wasn't so hard was it?" I joke.

"No, but now I'm getting a headache." I push his shoulder and he gives me a wolfish smirk.

It wasn't long before we arrived at home, and when I gave Ethan a tour of the house, and where he'll be staying while here or at least until he gets on his feet.

"This will be your bed room. It's just a extra room and imma be down the hall if you need me." He smiled and closed the door behind him.

I lay in my bed and start to watch my television when I received a text from Aaron.

Aaron: Can I come over, I tried earlier but no one was home

Me: Sure, I enjoy ur company

Aaron: Gr8 cus I'm outside your window

I got up off my bed and saw Aaron sitting in one of my chairs from my balcony.

"Aaron, how long have you been out here!?" I ask.

"Well, today's Saturday, so..." I raise my eyebrows in disbelief before a goofy smile appears on his face. "I'm just kidding about ten minutes, then I saw your bedroom light come on." He climbs in and lys down next to me as we continue to watch The Incredibles.

We started talking about school and relationship related things. "I forgot to tell you. I have a brother!" I practically yell.

"I know. James." He says in a duh tone.

"No, no. I have another brother." He lifted a eyebrow in its oh-so cute way. "His name is Ethan and I met him today."

"Today?"

"No I just met my brother tomorrow? Uh-duh today." I roll my eyes after my great play of sarcasm.

"I knew a guy named Ethan. Remember that gold watch I had, that I got from my great granddad?" He asks.

"Ya, someone took it. You were so mad, I think that was the first time I've ever say you so mad."

"Well, I later found out that it was that a Ethan guy who stole it. I swore if I ever saw that guy again I was going to kill him. But before I could see him again he just disappeared into thin air."

"You told me it was a guy named EJ." I say unsure.

"Because that's what everyone called him, then I learned his name was Ethan." I kind of frown, it is wrong for someone to steal something so valuable to someone, and Aaron really did love that watch.

"Ethan is a common name though, what would be the likelihood that my brother was the one who stole your watch?" I ask, and I patiently wait for answer, but he doesn't say anything. "See, calm down."

"It's still possible Estelle."

"Well, how about you just meet Ethan, and work on your 'vengeance' later." I grabbed his reluctant arm and pulled him up.

"I don't wanna, I want to lay in bed with you." He whined.

"You'd rather me call him in here?" I ask using a baby voice.

"Yes, please." He smiles child like.

He grabbed my arm and pulled me on top of him, as he started cradling my upper body to his chest.

"Ethan!" I yelled, so he can get here a lot quicker. It took a couple minutes, then there was a knock on the door. "Come in." I say.

He came in, his back first and turned, and his pupils dilated as the white became red and went wide.

"Ethan, Aaron. Aaro-" In seconds I was on the  floor and Aaron had Ethan pinned to the floor.

"Where the hell is my watch, EJ?"

EJ... Ethan Jerry West... I get it now.