Chapter Fifteen

In the morning the smell of pancakes greet my nose, I sigh at the smell and follow it to the kitchen. Clark stands in front of the stove, apron on and spatula in hand.

"Good morning," I yawn and stretch as I walk up behind him.

"Morning," he greets as he flips a pancake.

"Those simply smell heavenly, it's been forever since I had your pancakes." I huff and he nods.

I spot a huge stack of pancakes next to the stove and whistle.

"When did you wake up?" I ask as I lean against the counter.

"Around 4 in the morning, I thought you might want a feast since you haven't really ate much." He inquires and I feel my flat stomach growl.

They didn't serve much besides oatmeal, after awhile I couldn't stand it. I shiver at the thought of being forced to eat that slop, I hug Clark from behind and see he has started on another pancake.

"I don't think I'll be able to leave here for two days straight if you make anymore," I tut and he chuckles.

"That's a good thing," he rumbles and I smile sadly.

I walk out of the kitchen and use the bathroom, cleaning up and getting ready.

When I walk back out, I see Clark has set a stack of pancakes on my plate and an even bigger one on his. I shake my head with a smile as I walk by, taking a seat across from him we both dig in.

I head down the elevator wearing a half striped black and white, half black skinny jeans, a black t-shirt, a black and white bomber jacket, and converses. I tap my foot to the beat of the elevator music and Clark stands across from me, wearing his journalist outfit.

"First day it hasn't rained yet," I mutter as I look through a passing window.

"It's supposed to rain the rest of the time," he grumbles and the elevator stops.

We both walk out, the morning breeze makes me shiver as it brushes by.

"After work, I have something I want to test out with you." Clark whispers as we near the subway.

"Sure, what will that be." I ask and he smiles.

"You'll figure it out when we get there," he replies and I huff.

I wave goodbye as he walks down to the subway.

I stuff my hands into my pockets and I follow the crowd down the street.

I walk towards a nearby coffee place when I feel more Kryptonite under my skin, I bite down on my growl and hurry towards an abandoned warehouse.

I hiss as I barge in ripping off my jacket, I tear open my skin and yank out the crystal. I chuck it out through a broken window and huff as my body calms down, blood slides down my arm and I rip off a piece of my shirt to stop the bleeding.

I look towards my arm and see a slim black chip resting inside, I tear it out with my free hand and look inside it. Tiny Kryptonite shards rest inside and I smash the chip under my foot, so that's what they've been using to grow it.

Tying the ripped off piece of shirt around my arm, I look around the warehouse and see it half filled with dusty crates.

I lay my jacket on a crate nearby and smile as an idea comes to mind.

My muscles burn in my arm in protest as I pull myself up a crate, I throw my arms up as I reach the top and take a running jump towards a catwalk. I latch onto it with my talons and pull myself up, I huff as adrenaline pounds through my veins and sweat slides down my brow.

With this body, who knows what I'm capable of. I should test that out.

For the next hours I run, jump, climb, and test all my abilities. My feet as silent as the night, I run with the wind and I smile as my body hums with power.

When it's time for Clark to get off, I hurry back to the apartment. I leap from rooftop to rooftop and climb my way up into his apartment, I slide onto the couch and turn on the TV as the door opens up.

"Welcome back Clark," I greet as he sets his briefcase down.

"Hello Azul," he replies and walks toward the bedroom.

"So when are we going to head out," I ask as I hear him shuffle around.

"Right now if you don't mind," he told as he walks back in wearing his Superman suit.

I raise an eyebrow at him and he smiles.

"We're going to see how far you can go against me," he muses and I smirk.

"You're on Superman."