Chapter Thirteen

I groan as I wake up in the morning, I kept having nightmares about that hell the madman made. My blood flowing onto the floor like a waterfall. I shiver and smile mischievously at my corded phone as an idea comes to mind.

I pick it up, dialing a certain number and staring at the cloudy sky.

"Hello," Clark's voice rumbles through the line.

"Morning honey," I purr onto the line and I hear a grunt of surprise echo over.

"You, how did you get this number?" He growls and I chuckle.

"My secret to keep and for you to find out, so what are you wearing?" I tease and he groans.

"Why did you call me? Oh, and I guess I am to thank you for cleaning my apartment. Even though it feels rather like an evasion of privacy," he grumbles.

"Your apartment was cluttered to the brim with beers, it couldn't be helped." I argue and stand up, stretching my back and sighing as it pops.

"Very well, I do wish to ask you to meet me somewhere. I want to know more about Azul," he mumbles and I stare down at the floor.

"Fine, only if we dine at Kane's Palate. Their food is simply divine." I praise while sighing.

I sit in the private room with Clark, I wear a long laced evening gown dress that holds a bloody red and black color, my black hair curled, I tap my black and red heels on the floor and my crow earrings shine dully in the light. My lips are painted a red and fade to a black at the bottom, my clutch rests on my chair. Clark wears a black button up along with a black tie, his shoes a bright red, his black dress pants match his shirt, and his hair is nicely slicked back.

"Why don't you look handsome," I coo as I finger the tablecloth with my talon.

"I guess you look presentable," he mutters and scratches his neck. I wink his way and his ears turn red.

"Well, I guess I'll get down to business then. What is it you wish to learn?" I ask as I lean back in my chair.

"I want to know where she is, if she's alive and fine. Why she hasn't come to me yet, just tell me the answers." He pleads and I feel sadness wash over me. I'll never be able to wake up in a warm bed and smell pancakes being cooked for breakfast, never out on dates again.

I rub my forehead and sigh.

"She's alive and breathing, but many things have changed. She no longer looks like the girl you used to know, and she's been mad at you for never trying to rescue her from that hell." I mumble and my hand reaches for a locket that no longer hangs from my neck.

Clark notes it and his brows furrow together.

"I never did see that locket she always had after you left," he whispers and I look to the left.

"She wanted it back," I counter.

"She always used to reach for it, just like you did a second ago." He inquires and I cough.

"I need to head to the women's bathroom, please excuse me." I mutter and get out of my chair.

My heart beats faster and I tighten my hand into a fist.

A hand wraps around my arm and I see Clark's eyes begging me to not walk out of that door.

"Please, if you're actually Azul. Please just say so," he pleads.

The loneliness plaguing me the whole week vanishes as I hear my name.

"I've dreamed of you finally saying my name," I smile crookedly and Clark wraps his arms tightly around me.

"Azul, why did you never tell me." He breathes into my hair and I clutch his shoulder.

A faint tear rolls down my face and I take in Clark's warmth.

"I didn't want you to know me as a monster, as a different face." I mumble into his ear.

"You will never be a monster, no matter what I will never see you as one." He promises and I bury my face into his shoulder.

The music in the background fades softly, a violin singing in.

"Can we go home, I miss that creaky apartment of yours." I confessed and he smiled.

"Of course."