Chapter Fourteen

During the night the storm surges again, thunder crashes in the distance and I recall a memory from that hell I spent 4 months in.

*Flashback*

With my new hearing, I've been listening in on the scientists.

I lean against my cell wall and listen in.

"Sir, we've installed the Kryptonite cells underneath her skin with the chips. We should be able to make them grow under a short amount of time so that they weaken her, when she fights him and wins she might go on rampage so this will help us recollect her." A scientist explains and I hear someone clap them on the shoulder.

"Good job, now. When will we be able to start on that suit?" The madman asks and their conversation fades as they walk off.

*End of Flashback*

I shiver at the thought of becoming even more of a monster, I clutch my locket and focus on the pitter-patter of the rain. Once I calm my breathing, I turn around in the bed. Clark lays there, eyes drawn shut and snoring lightly. I twirl a loose thread on the blanket and think about the flight to Kansas, I doubt I could even board an airplane. I'm not exactly a normal looking citizen anymore, I sigh and get out of bed.

I should take a walk, I'm not getting any sleep anyways.

I slip on one of Clark's jacket and some of his converses, I walk down the stairs and head out into the rain. The rain has lighten to a drizzle and the sidewalk is mostly empty, I head towards my hotel to pick up my luggage.

I see Brenda standing at the front desk and I nod to her, she smiles back and I head into the empty elevator. I get off the elevator and head into my room, I spot my luggage sitting near my bed and I lean over to pick it up. When I turn around I see a devil mask glaring at me.

"Pretty bird, why are you so far away from your cage?" He asks as he steps closer.

I bear my teeth at him and jump at him, but he moves to the side and I quickly land on my feet.

"Now now, don't act so rude. I was merely going to have a chat with you," he muses and I lean away from him.

"I wish to never see you again, leave me alone. You already tore whatever was left of my life to shreds," I hiss and he growls under his mask.

"You unworthy bitch, you should be proud of what I gave you. You were defenseless and I gave you weapons so that you may survive," he growls.

"You made me a weapon for your use, so you could destroy your enemies from the sidelines." I hiss and he chuckles.

"Oh no, not my enemies. Nearly a friend's enemy, my reasons were different." He purrs and I jump for his neck. He slides to the right, but I stick out my hand. My talons reaching out and claw at his neck, blood pours out. Golden, just like mine. I stop, my heart in my throat as I notice it.

"You, you're like me." I huff and he holds his neck, leaning on the bed for support.

"Finally notice do you, we're the last of our kind on Earth. Do you really think I would let you die when we could continue our race," he huffs and blood slips out from under his hand.

"What are we," I ask as I stand straight up.

"You and me, we're the leftovers of a dead race. A name of which I have no clue, we match that of humans yet our blood runs different. Everything else to what we can do has been a mystery," he murmurs and I grab my luggage.

"Well, thanks for the information." I roll my eyes and storm out of the room. Nothing new except there's another person like me.

I hope he isn't the last of my race, who would do that to their own? I huff as I jog down the steps, lightening blares outside and the lights die out. Thankfully for my night vision I can see clearly through the darkness.

I hear Brenda muttering curses at the front desk as she digs around for a light source, the front doors slide open easily and I curse at the wind as it nearly topples me over. The storms in this city have no mercy, I push my way to the subway and let out a huge sigh once I'm safely inside.

I thought I would blow away out there, the subway is empty expect for a few business men. I stand in front of the tracks and study my watch as I wait, 12:15 a.m. The train pulls up and the doors whoosh open, I step inside along with a tall business man.

As the train rattles along, I feel eyes staring at me and look towards the man. His eyes strange, one a light green and the other a dark brown. His hair a dark black color, I raise an eyebrow at him and he smirks.

"Sorry, I was merely observing your eyes. They are an interesting color," he inquires and a smirk crawls onto my face.

"Thank you for the compliment, but you have more interesting eyes I believe." I hum.

He smiles and I notice a dimple pop up.

"What's your name?" He asks as the train squeals to a stop.

"Azul Cross, you?" I return and pick my suitcase up as I stand.

"Elliot Marro, but just calling me Elliot would be fine." He inquires and I nod.

"Nice meeting you Elliot, this is my stop I'm afraid. I hope to meet you again," I call as I step off.

"Likewise," he hums as the train doors shut.