Chapter Eleven

3 months pass and Superman hasn't tried to save me from this internal hell, they amp up the tests every week and I'm surprised I haven't died from blood loss.

They slowly are turning me into a weapon for their use, my finger nails replaced with sharp black diamonds, messed with my genes to make me faster, stronger, to hear the slightest sound in the distance, they are making me into a killer. Another month passes by, they make me taller and give me elongated canines. My hair slowly turned black, my eyes changed from a golden color to an electric blue.

"Oh pretty bird, you look so much more beautiful don't you think?" The madman muses as he shows me my reflection in a mirror.

I drag my talons against the chair, making a high pitched whining sound. I hiss at him and he chuckles, the leather straps strain against my arms and I push at them with all my might.

"Anyways, let's continue testing shall we?" He hums and takes the mirror away.

He wanders over to the torture instruments and softly starts whistling.

I scratch at the straps and they give way, I chuckle deeply as he turns around.

"Let's begin shall we?" I echo and he drops his scalpel. I run at him with inhuman speed and wrap my talons around his windpipe, his foul blood leaks out onto my pale hands and he gasps for air.

"Shhh, it'll be over soon." I whisper and pull back his mask. Green eyes stare back at me, an unfamiliar face cries at me.

"Who the hell are you," I growl and he flinches.

"Aaron, A-Aaron Pilot." He stammers.

"You're not him, where is he?" I hiss out and I toss him onto the ground.

"Far away from the likes of you," he growls.

My lips pull back in a snarl and my long canines show, I jump onto him and pull at his throat. It rips with a delicious taste of blood, I spit it out and crush the devil mask in my hands.

It's time for me to get out of hell, even if I have crawl on the broken bodies of my enemies.

The guards didn't expect me to sneak up behind and slice their throats open, neither did the other ones.

The stars shine on me as I stand on the roof, my gown blows in the night wind and I stick my arms out as I embrace it. The smell of chemicals rest on me, but the wind blows it away. My hair blends in with the night sky, I jump from rooftop to rooftop.

Enjoying the freedom, I soon reach Clark's apartment complex. I should pay a visit to an old friend.

I swing down from the roof, my feet hanging onto every crook and cranny it can find as I climb down to the bedroom window.

Luckily it's open, I swing in and land silently on the floor. No ones home, I collect all my clothing and shove it into my suitcase.

I run to the bathroom and slip on some new underwear, a red sweater, and some black leggings. I hear the front door open as I step out into the hallway, a briefcase is placed down and a jacket slides onto a coat hanger.

My breathing shakes as I hear his feet pad across the floorboards, into the kitchen. I slide my feet across the floor and hold my breath, my suitcase in hand as I softly close the bedroom door behind me. I hear the TV turn on in the living room and I hurry to slip on my boots, I sniff the air and smell alcohol burning in it.

I stop at the window, what has Clark been doing since I've been gone?

I set the suitcase by the window and crawl back into the hallway, I notice the clutter in the kitchen and I see beers covering the counters. I huff as I peer into the living room, my eyes widen a bit at the sight.

Clark sits on the couch, a beer in hand and the TV shows a bad romance show. I notice a beard growing on his face and a cut marks his brow, what has he been doing. I lean forward a bit farther and the floorboard creaks.

Clark stiffens on the couch and whips his head directly at me, his eyes on edge as he takes in my features. His face morphs into one of curiosity, I pull my lips back into a snarl and his eyes stare at my canines.

"Who are you," he demands as he stands up. I run out of the hallway and into the bedroom, slamming the lock shut as I grab my suitcase.

I hear his feet thunder after my own and he breaks open the door as I swing out of the window, I swiftly climb down the window and jump to the street as I hear the sound of Superman take flight. He can't know what I turned into, I'm a monster. I shouldn't have came there in the first place.

I run with all my might and take alley ways as he flies overhead, his eyes calculating every direction I take.

My breath feels like glass in my lungs as I lean against the brick wall of a store, my heart pounds in my ears and I look down at the sewer grate. My only escape, I feel like throwing up as I smell the sewage and I slide the grate back as I climb down.

Superman flies over and I calm my heart down, as I walk down the sewers I feel something squish beneath my foot. I shiver and hope it isn't what I think it is, I walk a good distance until climbing out. Fresh air feels heavenly in my lungs and I gulp it down, I push the grate back into its place and I continue on.

I pull my hood up and trudge through the crowded streets, thankfully I grabbed my purse and I head towards a nearby hotel.

A lady stands at the front desk, her hair pulled back into a blond ponytail. Her name tag reads 'Brenda'.

"I need a room for the week," I grumble as I slip my debit card onto the counter.

"That's an awful long time, on vacation miss? Wouldn't see why you would want to come here," she hums as she swipes my card and types something up on a laptop.

"Alright, room number 406 will be where you are staying. Here are your keys," she smiles and hands them over. I grab them and take the elevator up to the 4th floor, I spot a familiar face on the way up. Wyatt Lawson, he hums and looks up at me as the elevator takes its time.

"You're pretty tall miss," he blurts and I stare him down.

"What's wrong with being tall?" I ask as I glare at him.

"N-Nothing," he stammers and goes quiet.

Once the elevator stops I head towards my room and slam the door shut behind me. Sleep gnaws at my bones and I huff as I pass out on the fluffy bed.