Chapter Ten

I wake up in a freezing metal room, my hands shake as I push myself off the ground and to my feet. A light overhead flickers and I look down to see a hospital gown tied onto me.

"You're finally awake are you? Welcome to my lair, look around at what will be your new home." A voice echoes on the intercom.

I sink down into a corner and hug my knees to my chest.

"Don't cry pretty bird, I have some tests to do on you." The madman hums and the iron door to my room opens.

A pair of heavy set guards come in and grab my arms, they drag me out into a long hallway. The smell of chemicals assault my nose and my feet drag on a tile floor, screams burst out from other rooms and I shiver.

We finally end up in a room filled to the brim with sharp tools and instruments, they lock me down to a steel chair in the middle and walk outside as that madman walks in.

"Morning pretty bird, did you sleep well?" He asks as he picks up a scalpel armed with Kryptonite. I stare at the floor and he walks closer, then points the scalpel at my neck.

"Nothing, you'll start screaming soon enough." He muses and drags the scalpel down my neck. I hiss as it burns my skin, blood boils in my veins and I feel it slide down my neck.

"What an interesting color for blood," he whispers as he pulls back his mask to reveal his lips. On his finger rested my blood, looking like liquid gold. He puts his finger up to his mouth, a tongue swipes out and he hums at the flavor.

"Never knew blood could taste so powerful, tell me what you are pretty bird?" He demands and I hiss as he digs the scalpel into my arm, more blood spilling out.

"Never," I growl and he tuts at me.

"I'll have to figure it out the hard way then," he smiles and heads to the wall of tools. My blood recoils at the sight and I strain against the leather straps as he picks up his new toy.

"This is going to be fun," he chuckles to himself and turns to me with a monster's grin.