Chapter Nine- Just There

Hey guys! :) Thank you so much for putting up with the slow updates. -.- I kind of got a busy week with the journalism competition we just had. Haha. Anyways, here's the update. :) I kind of was wondering what was with me and relatively sad chapters... -.- Should I change the "Humor" genre or something?

Well, hope you enjoy it. :D

--Kierra XX

---

Chapter Nine- Just There

                Two weeks ago, I wouldn’t have jumped with the opportunity to go to a party, much less Camden’s party. It was his birthday. And yeah, I was trying to use his birthday party to ruin his life. Maybe I really am a devil’s spawn.

                “Shea, I'm seriously going to leave you if you don’t come out in ten seconds!” my brother yelled as he knocked—see “violently tried to smash the door into pieces”—on the bathroom door.

                “I’ll be out in a sec!” I yelled.      

                Which was exactly what I yelled fifteen minutes ago. And twenty minutes ago. And twice about thirty minutes ago.

                He groaned. I could almost imagine him rolling his eyes and rubbing his face with his hands. “Just hurry up.”

                I put on some lip-gloss, replaced the cap, and opened the door. When I opened it, the first thing that came into my mind was Whoa. What a big mouth.

                And I realized the Jake was just about to shout at me again, but before he could even do, I already opened the door. Now he just looked like an idiot.

                “You look…”

                “Weird?” I bit my lower lip.

                “I was about to say hot, when I realized that oh, my God, you’re my freaking sister, and you’re not supposed to be hot, so yeah. You look weird.”

                I groaned. “Remind me to never ask for your judgment.” I walked past him.

                Maybe I really did look weird, with these clothes. Actually, I was wearing simple clothes. A black top, which was loose and long (the hem stops mid-thigh, so maybe it’s called a dress or whatever), with a guitar print. I don’t even remember where I got that. And I also wore a pair of black skinny jeans, along with strappy sandals I found somewhere. I think they were the pair Mom gave last Christmas. They weren’t all that bad since there were no heels, thank goodness.

                And, and I just put some eyeliner (don’t even ask how many times I almost poked myself to permanent blindness) and lip gloss. Nothing too weird, I hoped.

                “Are we picking Breeze up along the way?” I asked him.

                “Uhh, no,” he replied. “She’s not really a party girl.”

                I nodded. That much looked obvious anyway. “So, shall we?”

                “Uhhh, yeah, sure,” he said, still looking unsure.

                I was just about to open the front door when I stopped, turning around to face him. He stopped, hands in his pockets. “Are you sure I don’t look too weird?” I asked him.