Chapter 48: Wedding Preparations II

Sam's POV

"Sam were you talking to Alec?" Emily asked me in a bewildered voice. "Yeah, him and Daren. Individually they're both mature but when they're together they suddenly mutate into a cross between a little kid and angry dogs."

"So they don't get along, huh? I wonder what Daren could possibly say to infuriate Alec. From the few times I talked to Alec he seems like a very composed person."

"He is, but Daren really gets under his skin. Daren... has a thing for me, and he likes to to scorn Alec about it." I said with a sigh. "Love triangle, huh?"

"NO. I only love Daren in a brotherly way. Alec is my mate."

"Mate?" she asked me. I reminded myself that to humans the word 'mate' also meant friend. "I meant soul mate."

"I hope Daren finds a way to deal with it and move on. Maybe he'll find some nice girl, someday." Emily said as she fidgeted with the fringe on the ends of he dress.

"Yeah, me to." I sighed.

XXX

"No, Emily I can't help you choose the finger foods... You know that I don't eat... Do you seriously think now's the time to lecture me about anorexia? Just pick the damn food... Okay, I'll calm down... Leave the worry about my closed chakras to me... 'Kay goodbye!" that was my conversation with Emily. I sat down and checked food off my list. We sent the invites this morning and right now all I wanted was a break. This was the third day without blood and I was sure my eyes had turned pitch black. I worked day and night and now all I wanted to hear was Alec's caring voice telling me to go hunting with him.

"Auntie Sam! When are Uncle Alec and Daddy going to arrive?!" Damon whined at me for the blasted twentieth time in an hour. I sighed. "Soon sweetie, very soon." he had stuck with me and followed me everywhere these last four days. Even in the bathroom as I showered, he snuck into the bathroom and looked the other way. But at least he didn’t try to peek or anything. He just talked a lot about school and how much he disliked Jason's parents who disliked him and often mistreated him. I argued with them but it's like talking to a boulder. I couldn't wait till I told Alec about Damon being in the bathroom while I showered! Sure Damon and I just talked, but I was pretty sure Alec would have tried to put his mouth to use in another way... God I needed him back so bad.

"I miss them Auntie Sam! I miss Uncle Alec and I want to see daddy!" Damon whined again. I bit the insides of my mouth to stop myself from screaming in frustration. I inhaled deeply before I attempted to speak once again. "Me too, Damon. How 'bout we call them?" I asked him. He nodded enthusiastically. I phoned Alec who picked up on the first ring. I guess Daren was annoying the crap out of him. Poor baby! He'd need months of therapy to be able to recover. Good thing I was the nurse! I smiled at the thought. Suddenly the sound of cars stopping in front of the house met my ears. Can it be?

"Hey Sam! We-"

"Uncle Alec!" Damon shouted, pulling the phone down so that he could speak to him. "Hey Damon! Guess where we are?"

"Where?!" I heard Damon ask but by the time he finished speaking I had already started running to the door. I opened it and threw myself at the person behind it. Ah, Alec.

"Oh, my God I missed you so much! That is it. From now on by law you can't be more then a ten metre radius than me." I said as I planted small kisses on his cheek. I felt the vibrations his chuckles sent.

"And from which constitution did you get that?" Alec asked me as he made me look at him. Just the looking at him made me feel dizzy as if I was seeing him for the first time and it was love at first sight.

"Sam's Kingdom, population you and me." I said. I bent down my head and after a second he brought his lips closer to mine and after the long wait we kissed softly.

"Auntie Sam! My eyes! Don't go gooey goo in front of me. It's bleh!" Daren said scrunching up his face which made him look even cuter.

"Well said little dude." Daren suddenly cut through. He made Damon fist bump. I rolled my eyes at him. It was just like him to poison the mind of young children.

"Daren, isn't it enough that you filled Sam's car with your germs, now you want to fill Damon's mind too? “ Alec asked him. It was meant to be a joke but I could see right through it. Alec's expression said it all; he couldn't stand Daren. Though Alec might be a very mysterious and vague person, once you get to know him like I do you'd know how he's feeling instantly. When he's frustrated he bites the inside of the left corner in his mouth and his eyebrows are slightly knitted together to a point where a little frown between his eyebrows is formed, if he's feeling sad you'd see a look of longing on his face, if he's feeling happy there would be an unmistakeable twinkle in his eyes, if he's feeling cocky he would grin a loop-sided grin and his eyes would be wide open. And right know that little frown was sculpted on his face. I just wanted to cuddle up with him and kiss it away.