Chapter 35: Many Bad Feelings

Daren's POV

I've never been so pissed in my life. Since everyone found out about Sam and her mate Alec, it seemed like we would never stop talking about them. Apparently the fact that for her to spill the beans I had to literally hump her with her clothes on didn’t interest anybody. I had managed to see once picture of Sam with the guy, and what she told us was true. She was smiling in the picture, a real smile not her usual and familiar strained one.

  Everything about her had something to do with him. Her diamond necklace and ring which she never seemed to part with were his family's old heirlooms. The old copy of Romeo and Juliet we she had read about a million times since I had come along had been his. And apparently it seemed like he owned her smile too. They were about to pass her picture to me. I would explode if I saw him again with her so I got up as inconspicuously as I could and went hunting to calm down the nerves. I hunted down a few deer and a mountain lion but I was still infuriated on the inside. It seems like all the anger I had been suppressing since I became a vampire. My Gran dying, Derek.... Yes! Derek was the answer to my problems. I'd kill him tonight. Sure, I'll have to make sure that what I do doesn't break his skin but at least I would have the satisfaction of hearing all two hundred and six bones in his puny body break. I grinned evilly. This was going to be a heck of a night.

I went to the cottage and got a black nodded jacket and slipped it on. I had to make sure not to be recognised on my way to town. I ran towards the downtown area where a familiar out of business factory stood. This was Derek's gang base. I listened in to them. Sure enough there they were. I climbed up the building using the shadows as my cover. I arrived in front of a window bolted with metal bars. I snorted; big threat. It was just the perfect size for me to creep through it. I pulled them and the bolts holding them broke. I twisted the metal into a ball and let it fall to the ground. I got in through the window and blended with the shadows like Sam had done during fighting practice. They were in Derek's 'office'. I could tell there where about twenty people opposite to the wall I was standing in front of. The proximity to fresh human blood clouded my mind for a moment. But after taking deep breaths and remembering to mentally yell at myself that I was human on the inside like Sam had insisted I was fine. When I was in control, I decided to play show off and go all terminator on them. I punched the wall which produced a deep sound. With a couple more punches I made a whole big enough for me to walk through.

"What the hell?" I heard Derek say. I chucked at him. He would be the last one I kill and the one who'll die most painfully. The white dust settled down so the humans could see me.

"Hello Derek." I said with a grin on my face. 

"Daren? H-how is it possible? You're supposed to be dead.” He stuttered.

 “Yeah, well that which is dead doesn’t always stay dead. But let me tell you, some things like revenge go way beyond death.” I said to him. He was still confused but I saw him sneak glances at his goons, obviously signalling them to attack me at his command.

 “So we aren’t done with it. That can be easily arranged. Boys take him out and don’t leave before he’s dead. For real this time.” He said to them. A mountain sized man with many visible scars attacked me first. I grabbed him by his arm, pulled him up and threw him with enough force to break his neck. And he would have if someone didn’t catch his flying body before it hit the wall.

 “It is a sad night, when a fool decides to go on a killing spree, without thinking through that his psychic friend would find out and put a stop to it.” Sam said as she put down the frightened man who was easily twice as tall as her down.

 “So… you found out?” I asked stupidly. “Wow! Breakthrough of the century! You actually thought for a tiny moment that I wouldn’t?” she said with fake amazement written all over her face.