Chapter 29: Good luck, Sam.

A/n: If you’re looking for a good read, laced with romance and even a spark of Harry Potter pls check out kikkina123’s stories. I dedicated this chap to her; she’s the one who introduced me to wattpad. I promise you won’t regret it.

Sam's POV

Settling with the Cullens had been easy. They were all very accepting and welcomed me and made me feel like I was truly one of them. Though I admit that I did have some black moments, seeing as they were all always happy I did stand out among them. Probably that was the reason they were always asking me if I was alright. Especially after I had lost myself in a vision for five hours. They had been really worried, but after I came back to reality I informed them that it was quite normal for me. 

Alice had reformed my wardrobe after she threw away almost half my clothes and dragged me shopping with her, Bella, Rose and Nessie. Apparently they all thought that I dressed too emoish. Well, whatever. 

Today we were going to attend St. Cross high school for the very first time. I was looking forward to it as I had skipped High School in my studies. I was going to be Jacob and Bella's sister. Nessie and Edward would be our cousins along with Emmet and Alice who were playing to be brother and sister too. Our cover story was that while on a family vacation, the cabin caught fire and all our parents died, but we were not in the cabin so we survived. Then, Esme who was playing to be an ex-social worker took us all in. Rose and Jasper would be family friends who lost their parents too and Esme and Carlisle took them in too. Every couple got in their car; of course I rode alone in my new black Audi. We bee lined to the school with Alice and Jasper in the lead. 

I laughed to myself at how we must have looked to the people outside, a parade of expensive cars. We entered the school's parking lot and parked smoothly next to each other. We got out of the cars and walked together to the information desk. I felt several eyes on me and what had before been a loud ground of noisy kids catching up had turned into utter and complete silence. I looked around me and saw many groups of teenagers huddling up and just staring at us. I swear I even saw some males drooling. 

"Good luck." Emmet whispered from beside me.

"Oh, this will be a piece of cake. I'm not worried" I shrugged.

"That's not why you'll need the luck." he said, his grin getting wider.

"Stop teasing her Em!" I heard Rose say from behind him. "Don't worry Sam, you'll do fine" she said, "but yeah, I guess you'll need the luck." 

"For what?" the curiosity was killing me. 

"Oh, you'll see." Emmet said.

"I'll see what?"

"Oh, don't worry, Sam, we've got your back." Nessie said from the other side of our line.

"For what?" I asked her, frustration bubbling up inside of me.

"You'll see." they all chorused together. I shook my head, thinking hard about what I'll be seeing. I heard laughs vibrate from all of them. 

The information desk wasn't far. We got our timetables and a little map of the school each and we were assigned our lockers. I checked my timetable with the others. I had second period with Bella and Edward which was biology and fourth period which was French (yeah, j’aime le français) with Nessie and Jake. Every period was forty minutes long, even lunch (sixth period), and I had fifth period free, which the secretary had strictly told us that it should be dedicated to reading or studying. I had seventh period with Alice and Jasper too. I examined the map and found out that the physics- my first class- block, was east of the school. I parted ways with the others and started hunting down the physics labs. I did not mind looking around the school and having my nose glued to the map. It was actually new and exciting to me. I was not worried about classes. Since I had a photographic memory I had pretty good chances of acing the subject. Suddenly I felt someone next to me. I smelled around me and it most defiantly smelled human. Then I reminded myself that I was in a place filled with humans. Though the school was not very large and had a very small student body I had to remind myself that I would be constantly surrounded with humans. I looked up and found a kid, maybe two years older than what I looked now. I reminded myself that I had enrolled as a sophomore so this guy would be either a junior or a senior. 

"Um... Hello." I said feeling very much stalked. 

"H-hi... My name is Dean Harris. I'm on the welcoming team here at St.Cross. I know you're knew here so if you need anything, anything at all just tell me and I'll make it happen!" he said. I started at him my mouth open in a little O. In my years I've never known anyone who would do anything for anybody without getting something back. This guy was way too perky for my tastes. He practically burst my personal space bubble. I mean seriously could he not feel the usual sense of preservation telling him to run away from me the minute he saw me? What the Hell was wrong with him? I stepped a few steps away from him only almost hit someone as I turned.

"Don't mind Dean. He can probably make fish feel out of water with his weirdness." the new person from next to me said. Not a very creative insult. 

"Scram Junior!" he whispered low and menacingly enough for Dean to shudder. He smiled apologetically at me and run away. I felt pity for the kid. So it was true; just five minutes in the school had informed me that the same old High School clichés that I had read about in so many books were really true. Back when I was a living teenager I remember some people calling me a nerd, but I never took it seriously as only a couple of people believed in clichés, though where I came from it was more like a pyramid of fame rather than clichés. There were no jocks or cheerleaders or geeks or emos. It was really just how high you'd rank on the popularity chart. Where I came from I was used to an athlete sort of type befriending the artistic sort of type while still ranking high on the popularity scale. "So, what's you name? I'm Bill Marks." he said and extended a hand to me. I hesitantly shook it, trying as much as possible to keep our skin contact to a minimum. 

"I'm Samantha Cullen." I told him. I liked how the name sounded. I smiled a little to myself and he must have taken it that I was smiling at him as his grin got bigger. "So where were you staying before you came here?" 

"Um... Pittsburg, Pennsylvania." I told him, sticking to our cover story.

"So... you're new in town... maybe if you would like I could take you around sometime, grab some dinner..." he trailed off. Okay, was it just me or were the boys in this town way too pushy?

Um... I..." thankfully I was saved by the bell. "…apparently got to go. Don't want to be late for my first day." I said and gave him a strained smile and rushed into the crowd of teenagers. His shouts got lost over the large crowd rushing off to classes and catching up on the gossip before classes started. I followed the map and arrived. The minute I entered class it was the parking lot all over. It was like someone had muted the sound. The teacher had not yet arrived so I would have expected chaos in the class room but they were all just staring at me. I look down at myself to make sure that I was wearing pants. Yeah, I was, so why the heck were they staring!?