Chapter 47: Wedding Preparations I

Alec’s POV

"Sam? Love, what's wrong?" I asked her. This was definitely not good. Sam is the kind of person who never ever panics. It's mainly because she's always prepared for every possible scenario. While we were staying at Emily's she'd always carry a huge bag with her and when I asked her what the heck was in it, she told me she kept a spare change of clothes for both of us and Damon too. Then she had sticks, bandages, sunglasses, and our hoodies in case it was sunny, crackers for Damon and... well you get the idea. By the rate she was panicking I'd say it was either the colliding of a meteor with the earth or perhaps an alien invasion. I mentally whacked myself. This was no time for joking.

"She... She's getting married next week!" she stuttered, her cheek twitching crazily.

"Who? Emily?"

"The queen of England." she snorted sarcastically. "Of course it's Emily! How the heck am I supposed to plan a wedding in a frikin' week?!" she asked herself. She whipped out her phone and not more than five seconds later it started ringing. She answered it swiftly and put it to her ear. "HOW CAN YOU GET MARRIED NEXT WEEK WITHOUT TELLING ME BEFOREHAND?"

"Sam, h-how did you know?" Emily asked, surprise colouring her voice. "That's not important; in fact this conversation is not important! But before I hang up, can I please know why you changed the date so suddenly?" she asked as she started making calculations in the air. "Sam, I need to ask you a very important question." Emily said sounding quite solemn. "Shoot away but make it quick. We're in a hurry."

"Sam, will you be my midwife again?" Emily asked. Everybody around us remained speechless. I just stared at a wide-eyed Sam.

"You're pregnant?" Sam asked the obvious in a whisper. "Yeah, I'm in my first month of pregnancy. It wasn't planned, but we're all really excited." Emily said, her voice reflecting her mood.

"So, how did Damon take it?" Sam asked her quickly as a very worried Logan approached her.

"Well, let's just say he's not as thrilled as the rest of us. But he'll come around for sure." Emily said, sounding quite uncertain to me.

"Last important question. Why next week? I mean doesn't the baby take nine months to grow? Couldn't you have waited for at least two months or so?" Sam asked sounding fairly reasonable.

"Do you remember that villa we passed by and I told you that I wanted to have my wedding there? It's really hard to book a weekend but Jason's father managed to pull some strings but the only opening spot was for next Saturday."

Sam sighed. "I'll be there in eight hours or five minutes." she concluded. We heard Emily mumble something but Sam cut of the line before we could make any sense of it.

"Okay so if I leave in fifteen minutes I might make it in eight hours if I run really fast. Or... Maybe I can teleport!" she exclaimed. She put her fingers to her temples and concentrated hard.

"Sam, you're still here." Alex pointed out. "I know that, genius! I'm wasting time; I'll never get this teleporting thing right! I'm leaving." she said exasperatedly.

"Sam, wait! We have to catch a plane next Saturday! We can't miss it, a lot of work and money went into it!" Nessie insisted, but Sam was already upstairs packing a few necessities. I went upstairs using vampire speed and found her packing. The others joined us a few seconds afterwards. "Guys, I can't abandon Emily. I promised I'd plan her wedding and I always keep my word. And anyways the plane leaves at three in the morning the day after the wedding. I'll pack a few things for this week and Alec please pack the rest of my stuff."

Nessie snorted. "You're asking a guy whose wardrobe consists of black shirts and jeans only to pack for you? Do you want to kill all of Europe with laughter?"

"Oh come on! My fashion sense's not that bad." I defended myself.

"Whatever you say Alec." Bonnie and Danielle said at the same time which ended with a fit of laughter among them.

"Girls, girls! You're being sexists! No offence dude, but guys like you are the reason why girls stereotype us like that. But thankfully for all men on this planet there are guys like moi who actually know a thing or two. So don't worry, babe, I'll make sure he doesn't screw up. I assure you, I'm an expert, especially when it comes to the lingeri-" the brat-who-shall-not-be-killed-or-else-Sam-goes-crazy-on-me-yet-I-want-to-snap-his-neck-so-bad said. Daren, that's what's wrong with the world. Many problems would be solved if it wasn't for him. North and South Dakota would reunite, Dobby would resuscitate, world hunger would end, blood lust wouldn't bother vampires, our skin wouldn't sparkle, global warming would decrease- okay so maybe I was being just a tad bit overdramatic but many problems would end for me.

"Watch it." Sam warned.

"Guys, if you excuse us, Sam and I are going to make out for a while.”  I said. Then I turned to Daren. "Feel free to watch and learn, you know, you show me how to pack up for my mate, and I show you how a guy actually gets the beautiful girl, since you're obviously lacking in that department." I said. There were many ohhs and people coughing "Burn." Hell yeah, burn! Only this dude right here gets to make sexy innuendoes about Sam and get away with it. But of course, Sam would not allow me this brief moment of victory. She turned around and gave me a simple peck on the lips and slung a ginormous bag over her shoulders. "Okay, girls please pack for me. Daren if you touch my lingerie you're saying bye-bye to that video games convention and hello to endless hours of shopping. Then you'll have plenty of time to show your expertise in fashion." Sam said, looking terribly mind in air yet sounding clear as day. Logan, Alex and Jake started grumbling and begging the girls to spare them while I smiled smugly at the little brat.