Chapter 14: Blood Feud.

Alec's POV

The smell of vanilla coming from the bathroom next door was almost intoxicating. That is until Sam walked out wearing her black silk robe and fluffy black slippers to match. Her natural smell combined to vanilla was simply unearthly. Her wet hair trailed down her back until it reached her elbows. She got her silver hairbrush and sat in my lap. I kissed her gently on her forehead and took the brush from her hands and started brushing her hair.

"Alec, I was thinking about what happened with Jane and everything. Perhaps, if you want me to, I am willing to talk to her. I can't understand what I did to make her hate me so much. I understand that she's very attached to you but it's not like I wanted to steal you away." she murmured softly.

"Sam, that's really sweet of you offer after what she did to you. Not many like to reason with Jane. But I think it's best if I talk to her first. I might be the only one who can deal with her." I said while I removed all the knots from her long hair.

"Good. I think I'm going shopping today. I'm really craving something normal. And some more blood. I guess I'll have to go hunting." she finished with a gloomy face.

"Good for you. Perhaps you can go with Chelsea and Heidi. I know that you are in friendly terms with them."

"That's a great idea!" she said and kissed me but not long enough so I kissed her again. I put her lower lip between my teeth and bit a little. She moaned and sighed, making me inhale some of her sweet magnolia scented smell. I made a trail of kisses down her neck and shoulder. I slowly pulled off her sleeve down her shoulder and continued kissing her peachy soft skin. I felt fabric against my lips which proved to be her bra strap. I pulled it down softly and continued but I felt her hand, stopping me from going further. I guess I shouldn't have gone that far.

"I should find Jane and demand some explanations." I said as she got up.

"That would be sensible," she said in a reasonable voice. I left the room and I didn't even turn round the corner when I ran into Jane.

"If it isn't my brother in crises! What happened? Did she already get bored with you?"

"Jane! I demand an explanation for your behavior towards her. You know that no girl in the world can replace you. You know what we have been through, but you are still trying scare her away." She was still smiling her annoying smile which she I never saw directed at me. I wondered if this was all worth it. It felt strange being angry at Jane. I threw away that thought instantly, Sam was special.

"Oh, you're right brother. She's just another Caroline. Just make sure to clean after yourself. I won't dispose of her for you this time."

"Jane you know it's not like that. Caroline has been dust for the last three hundred years." I said grimly as I remembered the beautiful creature. Ah, Caroline, so sweet and soft at first glance. She had something about her, a charisma too unearthly to be described as human. But she was untrue. Her perfect lapis lazuli eyes were her partners in crime. They manipulated people, made everybody her slaves. I should have known, as I was one of her victims, her very last one.

Flashback

I was just a mere human teenager back then. I was about sixteen, I think. That day, the Earl came to visit our headmaster and brought along with him his married eighteen year old daughter and her husband. The men went inside but the fair beauty remained outside. I remembered how I could not stop staring at her. Then she motioned me to go talk to her. The other boys looked at me with jealous eyes. She told me to meet her at the stables that following night. And that's what I did. That night was unforgettable. I touched her in places I never dreamed of touching a woman and we had sex. It was unfathomable to describe what pride I felt. She had chosen me. Then her husband came and ruined everything, like smudges of tears on a piece of paper. She started screaming as if I was abusing her. Her husband loaded up his shot gun but I was quick and left the stables before he could see me. I was outraged. I remembered telling everything to Jane, which she took as a go ahead to cut Caroline and her husband's throats. And that was the end of the woman who stole my virginity.