Chapter 46: Out of my mind. Be back in 5 minutes.

Sam’s POV

Light poured through the window at the crack of dawn illuminating part of Alec's beautiful face. Alec and I were still in bed. He seemed to be deep in thought while I was watching Damon’s chest heave as he slept soundly between us. As carefully as I could, I removed the grasp of Damon's hand around my index finger and got out of bed. Alec still seemed deep in thought as he hadn't noticed me getting up. I smiled devilishly as a plan aroused in my mind. I crouched down on the floor and started crawling all the way to Alec's side of the bed. Once I arrived at his side I slowly got up, the way you'd expect some serial killer to do. As I prepared myself to surprise him, he beat me to the punch and surprised me by grabbing and pushing me on top of him. Our lips crashed together and fireworks erupted in my heart. Ah, I could get used to this... He trailed his hands from around my waist down my thighs and onto my buttocks and pushed my crotch deeper into his. I moaned with pleasure and he made a sound more animal than vampire. The pace increased and his tongue went into my mouth.

The familiar ring tone most iPhones have was like a roll of thunder on a clear day. I sighed in frustration and Alec growled. In my ears, the phone’s ring now sounded as if it was laughing evilly at us. Damn you, universe! I was about to break the kiss to answer the goddamned phone but Alec was holding me so tightly to him that it was impossible to escape his steel grasp. Well, not that I minded. I could stay like this for literally forever. Sure it would be awkward when Damon woke up as his little eyes would not just burn but also burst in fire if he found us like this. I felt like laughing as I imagined him put his hands over his eyes. The little rascal.

Alec's hand shifted and as I opened my eyes to see what was happening around us I saw it make it's way to the bedside table where my new phone was lying innocently, ringing away. His hand wrapped around it and with a frustrated sigh he threw it to the wall. Before it could smash to pieces I poked Alec in the sides - his secret weakness - and rushed to save the phone before it could smash to pieces.

"Alec! Don't mess with my apple! I've only had it for a week!" I said as I held it to my chest. "Are you sure? Your apple seemed to like it very much when we-"

"Oh, you're incorrigible! You know which apple I'm talking about!" I snapped at him, fighting with the grin that was threatening to split my face. The cocky tease.

"Hmm… I’m not sure I know; I feel a little confused perhaps you can show me the difference..." he said with a cocky smirk on his face.

"What difference, Uncle Alec?" Damon suddenly asked as he sat up and rubbed his sleepy eyes. He yawned and looked at Alec inquiringly. I covered my mouth to stop myself from bursting laughing. We'll see what he comes up with now.

"Um... the difference between um..." he looked at me for help. Nah, I wouldn't help, I was enjoying this too much. "Sam, you were going to open that message?" he said to change the subject. I nodded and opened the message. It was from Nessie.

"Video calling you on Skype in two minutes, give you guys some time to put on pants ;)"

Shit! How did she know? "Alec, Damon, Nessie is going to video call us! We all need pants!" I announced. Alec nodded while Damon asked who Nessie was. I let Alec to answer him while I grabbed a pair of black shorts and a green shirt that said "Out of my mind. Be back in five minutes" on it - What? , I was bored and I had access to eBay and a credit card - and went in to change in the bathroom. I removed the thin negligee and slipped on my clothes. I ran a comb through my hair and rushed outside.  Alec was already dressed in dark jeans and black shirt. Seriously, I needed to take him shopping, stat.

 I went on Alec's laptop and logged on to my Skype account. Not ten seconds afterwards a window popped up and I clicked answer.

"Hey Sam. You look radiant today! I guess somebody had a fun filled day yesterday. " Nessie greeted me, wagging her eyebrows. Low laughter erupted from next to her.

"Good morning to you too Nessie and all of you guys! Why, yes we had a marvellous time! We went to the park and then watched Damon enjoy a delightful meal at McDonal-"

"Wait, Damon's with you?" Logan suddenly cut in and replaced Nessie. "Yes, would you like to see him? He woke up just now." I said. "Yes!" Logan almost shouted. I turned to look at Damon. Do you want to see daddy?" I asked him. The boy nodded hesitantly. Alec brought him next to me. "Alright, here he is." I said as Damon climbed onto my lap and Alec sat next to me.

"Hello Damon." Logan said and waved. The boy remained staring blankly at the screen, speechless. Finally he waved back. "Dad?" Damon asked, the seeds of doubt rooted deep in his voice.

"Yes, Damon. I'm your dad. I love you very much but I could not come to you." Logan said. Even through the webcam I could see Logan's worry clear in his eyes. Damon waited a while before he spoke again. "Why are you not with mum like Uncle Alec is with Auntie Sam?" I swear I heard Daren scoff in the background when Damon said Uncle Alec.

Logan started to stutter in panic, "Oh, um... Well... Sam?" He turned to me for help. Ugh, what was it with me and lack of words. It seemed as if today I was on the job to finish sentences others start but can’t finish.

"Damon, honey, sometimes people meet and they think that they fell in love, when in reality they still need to find that special person. But what matters is that you have two parents who love you and care for you. It doesn't matter if they don't live together." I said as I stroked his dirty blond hair. "Thanks Sam." Logan muttered.

"You're welcome."

"Um, so dad, if Jason is my mummy's special person. Is that lady with red hair your special person?" Damon asked. "I think so." Logan said fervently as he glanced to his right where I guessed Bonnie was. "Would you like to meet her and a few friends?" Logan asked. Damon hesitated a bit and then nodded. Bonnie then sat next to Logan.

"Hello, Damon." she said. She waved at him and flashed a dazzling smile at him. Still hesitant, he waved at her. "Oh, so it’s true! You have very nice green eyes!" she said, getting a little too close to the screen. Damon giggled and thanked her shyly. "You have very nice red hair too!" Damon said. She laughed and thanked him.

"Hey Damon, do you want to see something funny?" she asked him looking at me. A chill ran through me. That's not good. The boy nodded. "Come on, Daren you lost the bet now you have to tell her." my eyes widened. Tell me what? I glanced at Alec, who had the same suspicious look in his eyes.

"Do I really have to?" Daren whined. Everybody around him shouted "Yes!"

He replaced Logan and Bonnie who joined the others behind him. "Oh, Sam you're going to love this!" Danielle muttered. "What?" I asked in confusion.

"Hey Sam, Damon... Alec." Daren greeted me, his voice a cross between frustration and ... fear?

"Yeah, Daren?" I cocked an eyebrow at him, already knowing that whatever was coming my way was clearly not good. Alec's gaze showed that he was plainly irritated with Daren. Guess that's one relationship which will never improve.

"Daren." Alec answered him, his voice cold like ice. Damon waved innocently.

"C'mon tell her! Before the century ends would be preferable." Alex commented from the background.

"Okay, tell me what?"

"I... Well, I think it would be best I you just see for yourself. I'll send you a link." Daren said. I opened the link and was direct to YouTube. I checked the title of the video.  "Beats COD, any day!" What the...? The video started and I got one of the worst surprises of my life. I was the subject of the video, or rather a dancing, singing and cooking version of me. The video version of me started singing and I instantly stopped it. "Why did you stop it, Auntie Sam?" Damon asked as he tugged at my shirt. I looked at him, unable to wipe the horrified expression off my face. I looked at Alec, whose mouth was slightly apart in surprise.

"Sam, Alec, you guys should see your faces. They're hilarious!" Bonnie said ending with a fit of laughter. Shit! I forgot they could still see us.

I tried to speak. Nothing. "Sam, are you okay? You look as if you're constipated." Jake said which ended with everybody laughing.

"Well, I guess now you're keeping true to what you're wearing." Alex commented. What the- oh the shirt! Why did they have to do that to my second favourite shirt? I felt the bed next to me vibrate a little. I looked at Alec who was chuckling. Even my mate turned against me!

"Traitor!" I shouted at him. “If I knew you had any interest in singing we could have signed you up to "io canto" in Italy. I'm sure you could have passed as a sixteen year old." he said, which made the others go hectic with laughter.

I noticed that Daren had stayed quiet the whole time. Well, he wasn't going to get away with this. I switched the tabs so that I could look at him in the eyes. "Daren, you know this entitles me to kill you when we get back, right?"

"You can't, baby! I'm already dead!" the prince of cockiness and idiocy said. But he got quite a glare from Alec for calling me baby.

"Wait! Did you see the comments below?" Danielle asked. Oh god! Who knows how many- Holy Crap! 9,384 views!

The description read: “This is my friend, not me. I secretly recorded this video, and well, it's worth the time, seriously!” Thankfully the dislike/like bar wasn't there.

I started reading the first comment. "Damn! That chick's hot! You have to be gay if you don't do something it."

Daren, who's username was "thatcoolninjaguy" replied, "I have, but she's already taken :("

Some other dude replied," he sure is a lucky ba$tard." Alec glared once more. "Don't worry, love. I heard people studying law in Oxford say can armchair can engage in coitus with its mother. Which is weird so you shouldn't worry what some idiot says on the net.."

I continued reading the comments, " O:59 is my new screen saver" the image in question was of me from the side swaying my hips which made my butt and boobs more prominent than usual. To say I felt disgusted was an understatement. I continued reading the comments, disgusted by the perverts who had seen me shake my bootie. Once I act goofily in love like that and it bites me in the butt, literally according to some lonely dude. By the time I read the last comment I was repulsed. Everybody around me was laughing, though Alec was doing it as discreetly as possible.

"Aren't you disgusted that some dude around the world has a picture of me as a screen saver!" I said to him. "Well, I'm not happy about it but you can't blame those men for saying what they said. You have to admit it, Sam, you do have a," he covered Damon's ears," sexy ass." he quoted a guy called “BlackOPS4eva” which sent the others haywire with laughter. "Alec... I think... you'll fit in perfectly with us." Nessie said as she fought the laughter. I sighed deeply. But I promised myself. Daren will get it! He will get it good for doing this to me.

XXX

After a week spent at Emily's with Damon, the happy couple came, smelling undoubtedly of each other. I bet even humans could smell it. After many goodbyes and promises to Damon to visit soon we left.

When we arrived home, which was the old cottage with more added rooms to it to cater for all the new vamps in our group, I knew that we would have to eventually make our own coven as we couldn't depend on the Cullen's forever but that was further in the future. The first thing on my agenda was to whoop Daren's ass with the help of my lovely mate. Oh and I enjoyed it and perhaps even taped it secretly after what he did to me, but let's leave that between us.

Two weeks had passed since we returned from Emily's and I swear you wouldn't recognise Alec. Jake, Alex and Logan have taken it upon themselves to turn him into a 21st century guy. And that meant gel in his hair and an unhealthy addiction to video games. I spent about four hours yesterday watching him blasting robots in Halo. Daren was not that fond of Alec but at least they were civil to each other. Of course, Daren tried to use the time while Alec was playing to 'flirt' with me. Ah, the boy will never learn.

I finished preparing dinner and went to the room next door. You could feel the suspense and concentration thick in the air. They were shouting at each other, pressing buttons like crazy. I hoped they wouldn't destroy the controller again. It was the eight one they broke to pieces with excitement, forgetting for a quick moment that the device in their hands was made of destructible plastic. Those things ain't cheap, you know! But well, at least he's getting along well with everybody. The Cullen's except for Jake, Ness, Esme and Carlisle are still a little stiff about him. But they try which is as much as I could have hoped for.

"Jake and Nessie, dinner's ready." I said. All I got in response was. "Defense they're closing in on me! Use the combo now!" oh wait, I guess that wasn't a response. The girls came in as they said they had something to tell everybody.

"Hey, guys would you mind stop playing for just a sec?" I asked.

"Meet your maker, bitch!" Alex said which resulted in a massive explosion on the 50 inch T.V. The guys high-fived and continued to play. Okay this was getting annoying now.

"Here, let me try this, Guys we're going to strip in front of you and then give you each a lap dance." Nessie said, ah a classic “How I Met You Mother”. The guys didn't even budge.

"Unbelievable." Danielle said.

"Okay, girls, man up in front of the T.V." I ordered. They each gave me a short nod and we put the plan to action.

"Hey, come on they're killing us out there!" Daren complained.

"Oh, for the love of Pete. You're acting worse than three year olds." Bonnie snapped at them.

"It would be really helpful if you move just a little bit." Alec said as he tried to see past us.

"Honey, you'd have to remove at least two digits from your real age to keep up with the way you guys are behaving." I said to him. He sighed and put the controller on the coffee table.

"Not cool man!" Alex complained. "Yeah, you abandon us like that. Hope it at least gets you in the Cold Queen's graces tonight." Logan said while winking at Alec who just smiled goofily. I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Cold queen? Oh, come on! I'm fun, right?" I asked sounding weak even to myself.

"Oh, yes you are." Alec said suggestively while the others drastically mouthed "no". I whacked his shoulder and sat between him and Jake.

"Excuse me, ever heard of too much information? Anyway what was so important that you had to interrupt us?" Daren asked. I sighed deeply at his coldness. I felt a little bit lost about him. I made a promise to his grandmother that I would take care of him, and I was trying but he made it so darn difficult. He just wouldn't accept me and Alec. It hurt me that for him to be happy I had to be his or else he'd just stay his infuriating jerk self.  But I promised and I am a woman of my world. I will find away to crack his ice.

The girls took a seat each. "So when Sam and Alec were at Emily's we came to thinking that perhaps it wouldn't be a bad idea I we could all spend some time together. And since time is the least of our problems and money isn't that pressing we decided that we should go to Europe, for a few months anyway." Danielle explained. Alec and I looked at each other; we were the only ones who grew up in Europe. Though Bonnie was originally French she moved to Canada with her now deceased uncle when she was a one year old. And Alex left Britain at the tender age of four. Alec was practically a history book about Europe in the past three hundred years and I must have studied at more than half than the major universities so Europe was now a dear acquaintance to me. And to be truthful I missed it a little. The people, the history, the culture. America was beautiful in its own intercultural way but in no way could you compare the European history with the American. At least I had a beautiful constant piece of history always with me, my Alec. I put my hand into his and smiled.

"That's a great idea. But if you don't mind me asking from where did you get this sudden urge to visit Europe?" I asked them.

"Actually we were talking about you. You never told them where you were born so I explained a little and we decided to visit the island along with many other countries, you know, like the City of love, Paris!" Nessie said dreamily and stole a glance at Jake who was looking to her with loving eyes.

“Oh the joy!” Daren said sarcastically as he stared down at the controller in front of him. I was about to tell him to quit being such a sour wuss but I had a much bigger retort to deal with.

“W-w-wait! We’re going to Malta?!” I said, my eyes wide.

“Yeah, so?”  Bonnie asked passively.

“So! I can give you five good reasons why that’s not a good idea.” I all but shouted. “No hunting space, it’s sunny almost every day of the year, news of disappearance isn’t common there so people will still remember me plus I spent the worst sixteen and eleven month of my life there.”

“C’mon Sam, we really wanted to go! Just for two nights. We can resist them easily. And I’m sure no one will remember you- gosh that sounded mean, sorry.” Nessie said.

“No it wasn’t mean, it was the truth. I didn’t have any real friends or someone who’d really miss me but I don’t mind.”

“That’s a little bit sad. I’m sorry.” Dan said. I smiled cheerfully at her, surprising everybody.

“But I’m here with you guys now.” I said grasping Alec’s hand tighter. “Guess we’re going to Europe, guys!” I concluded feeling my stomach churning with the prospect.

“Great we all agreed cause, yes, guilty is charged, and we already booked the tickets to London for next week. We’re going shopping, girls!” Dan said which got us girls squealing with excitement and the guys sigh in defeat.

 “Which I guess is a good thing that there’s going to be some sort of CoD convention or something… I didn’t understand what it was exactly but it’s going to be held in London next week. Some sneak peak of the next game, I guess.” I said remembering Daren saying something about it.

Alec’s POV

We cheered! Man, I never imagined these video games would be so addicting! Logan and Jake started chatting about some bloopers they founding the chat rooms. Suddenly the Sam next to me got out of her seat. When I looked at her I noticed that her eye was twitching. “Sam” I asked her.  This was the gibberish she answered me with.  “No… it…it can’t be… there’s no time, one week, HOW COULD SHE DO THIS TO ME?”

XXX

Hey, guys J I know it’s been a while since I posted and I’m really sorry about it, but since we started school I’m being drained out of my energy and inspiration. Our school’s motto should be School: the jail for the creative. Seriously, which school doesn’t have a talent show except for ours?  Anyway enough of my bickering, the chap, kind of a cliffy, huh?

Well, you’ll see just what Sam was talking about the next time, shall we? (if I’ll ever get the time to write -.-)

Thanks for your support, it means a lot especially right now J I’ll promise you a really romantic chap is on the way… you’ll go aww :3

Until the next time my lovelies <3