Chapter 15

“Hey Amy you won’t mind if I dance with you friend?” Maxine asked. I smiled and shook my head. She led him out onto the dance floor. I looked on. I wanted to see how Isacc would dance but part of me did not want to see Maxine dance with him. I took a long swig of my beer and turned back. The music was blaring now; it was some kind of techno tune. I searched the crowd and finally found them. My eyes widened when I did. There they were, Isacc was dancing, not a jig like I thought but club dancing and Maxine uh. I closed my eyes, took a deep breath and reopened them. She was still there and she was practically clinging on to him like a monkey. “What the heck?” I thought. Part of me wanted to get up and go and pull her away while part of me was asking what my right was. I sank into the stool and took another swig of my beer. I looked on as Maxine entwined her hands in his hair and then looked away.

                I drank off my beer and ordered another. I looked back and caught Maxine looking at my direction. She smiled and pulled him closer. I looked away and gulped my beer. “Why was I feeling this way?” I thought. I clenched my fist and drank down my beer before ordering another. The bartender actually raised his eyebrows before placing one on the counter. I turned back and wished I had not. Maxine’s dress was riding up and she was beginning to look so, vulgar. I turned away, this was too much. I looked back but only because I wanted to see Isacc. He was dancing. “Didn’t he care what she was doing?” I thought. I drank my beer and then sighed. “Well here I was again, Alone. I thought maybe with Isacc here it would be different but boy was I wrong. I glanced at them and then shook my head. “What did I even do to Maxine to make her act this way to me,” I thought. I closed my eyes and gulped back a tear. This was the first signal that I was getting drunk and I knew it, anytime I got emotional that was it.

                I drank down my beer and ordered another; I mean what was there to do. Isacc and Maxine came back when I was probably on my fifth beer. I excused myself and went to use the washroom and maybe cry a little, “stupid beers,” I thought. Maxine sat on my seat and looked up at Isacc. “So that was great,” She said. He smiled. “So have you and Amy done the unthinkable?” she asked. His eyebrows went up. “Oh I’m sorry we’re just friends,” He said. She smiled. “That’s too bad,” She said. “Me and Amy go real far back until she told me a few things and we haven’t talked in awhile,” She said. Isacc nodded. “I guess it’s good that you’re back together,” He said. She nodded her head slowly. “Hey can you get me some peanuts,” She said motioning to a bowl father down the counter. He smiled and nodded. Maxine watched him go and as soon as his back was turned she fumbled in her purse until she found it.

                She took out the pill broke it and poured it into Amy’s drink. After she looked around swirled it and smiled as Isacc returned with the bowl. “We’ll see now about friends,” she thought. Amy entered a few minutes after and sat down beside them. “Are you ok?” Isacc asked. “I’m fine,” She said and then took her beer. Maxine looked on as she gulped down the contents and put down the empty bottle. They talked for a while but it was hard to hear over the music. Maxine smiled as Amy got up and looked at Isacc. “Hey you want to dance?” she asked. He smiled and she pulled him onto the dance floor. They danced together at first until Amy started to do her own dance that attracted others. Isacc pulled her back and then eventually led her back to the bar. “Hey I think Amy had a bit too much to drink,” Maxine said. “Yeah,” Isacc replied. “Hey you won’t mind walking her back will you,” Maxine said. Isacc looked at Amy and shook his head.

                He paid the bill and led Amy through the crowd and past the entrance. They stepped out into the night. Amy smiled and clung to him. “Hey babe,” She said. He looked at her and his eyes widened. She had pulled down her dress straps. “Amy!” He yelled. She giggled and then clung to him. “What are you doing?” He asked. “This is for you,” She said. He blushed and looked around. There were quite a few eyes that were looking at them. He realized that he’d have to carry her back to her room, incase any of the creeps followed him. He helped her into her jacket and buttoned up two of the buttons. “You’re going home and you’ll stay with Nina,” He said. She smiled but then shook her head. “Nina’s not home,” She said. He sighed. He looked around and realized that there was only one safe place to take her and it was not far off.

                He scooped her up and she snuggled into him. “Oh Baby,” she said. He blushed and walked on. He stopped when he saw the bright lights of the motel’s sign and then walked towards it. He carried her up to his room after a look from the woman at the desk and then let her down when he reached his door. She sighed and clung to him. He took out his key and opened his door before going in. After closing the door he spun around and was pinned to the door. “Amy!” He cried. She smiled and encircled her arms around his neck. “I want you,” she said. His eyes widened. She tiptoed and pulled down his head. He looked at her dumbfounded. “Since when did she do things like this?” He thought. Before he could even do anything she had captured his lips in hers. He pushed her back but she came back. “Amy this is wrong,” He said. She smiled. “You know you want this,” She said, “Please.” She added.

                He moved from the door and looked at her. “Amy, you’re drunk,” He said. She shook her head. “I feel fine, I feel so alive,” She said. “You need to rest,” He said. She smiled.  He glanced at her and then at the door. “I’ll be right back,” He said and then opened the door and locked it behind him. He sighed when he heard her pounding and then went downstairs. He would take a walk and come back, maybe by then she would give up and be asleep. He sighed. He knew that he should not have left her alone. His mind sent him back to the dance. While he was dancing he had seen her look at them, he had to admit her friend was pretty raw at dancing but he’d tried to ignore her. He walked out the motel door and along the street. After about five minutes he went back. It was short but he did not want to leave her. His mind kept going back to when she had kissed him. She had started it but what if she had really meant it. He shook his head and walked back to the motel. He climbed the stairs, took a deep breath and then opened the door.

                His eyes widened. There she was covered in bed and sound asleep. He smiled and closed the door. After locking it he came and lay down beside her. “What will I do with you?” He said. He screamed when her hands shot out at him and pulled him to her. She giggled and the covers went back. “NO Amy!” He cried as her body became exposed. She had taken off her jacket and the dress. She clung to his shirt and pinned him against the bed. He tried to push away. They wrestled like that until Isacc cried out. They fell against the floor and all became silent. He moaned as he brought up his arm, it had hit the edge of the night stand. “Amy?” he said. He tried to get up and then heard a giggle. She lounged at him and kissed him again. He did not know what got into him but he felt angry all of a sudden. He pushed back and got up before pulling her up. She clung to him. “You wanted this,’ He said. He lifted her and kissed her. She wrapped her hands around his neck and he lifted her. He led them past the bed and almost collided with the coffee table. He opened the door and then settled her on the small table within. “I’m sorry,” He said.