Chapter 13

“I was so going to kill Nina when we were alone,” I thought. I smiled and led in Isacc he looked around the place and then sat down on the chair next to my desk. I looked up at him and then spoke. “I have one question?” I said. He smiled. “Why am I here?” He asked. I gulped. “Well if you have to know,” He said, “I figured out that it was definitely not you on the phone after um several suggestive things I heard we used to do,” He said. I blushed. “Well I heard what happened when you fell, the screams the moans and yeah pretty much everything,” He said, “And I was passing through town to see my brother so I called your mother and said I was passing by she said you were in college, she gave me your address so I thought I would see you on my way,” He finished. I smiled. “Well thanks so much,” I said. His eyes widened. I pouted and looked away.

                “Why didn’t you call me?” I began. He faltered and then looked up. “Has someone been missing me?” He said in a mock Nina tone. I blushed and looked away. I turned back to see him smirking. “You wouldn’t believe how many times I looked at my phone but I don’t know I guess I was waiting for you to call first after all you did ask for my number,” He said. I blushed. “I was doing the same thing,” I thought but there was no way I was going to let him know it,” I thought. I looked up as the chair moved and saw him coming towards me. He stood towering over me, I inhaled and his hand came up to my face. “What say you give me a tour,” He said while brushing away my hair from my face. I smiled and stepped back. “I will but it’s going to be hectic,” I said.

                He smiled. “Hey do you need me to help you down?” He asked. “No, I can do it,” I said and walked to the door. I smiled and led him out. After locking my door we moved down the steps. My arm was felling a bit better, there was a slight pain but it was ok. I showed him around campus and we ended up by the café. We ordered and sat down near to a window. I bit into my chicken sandwich and looked at him. “Yes he had grown different, but in a nice way.  He had stubble but it was barely there and his hair had grown a bit longer. “Are you ok?” He asked. I tried to swallow my sandwich and almost choked. He handed me my drink and I gulped it down. “I’m fine,” I said, “Great keep looking,”

 I thought. He smirked and spoke.

                “So how’s college?” He said. “It’s long, tedious but I’m almost through,” I said. He smiled. I was about to take another gulp of my drink when I noticed a mop of brown hair walk in he door. I took a long swig of my drink and sank in my chair. “Are you ok?” Isacc said. It was Maxine, but I did not want her to see me, it was weird but after what she told me I wanted to stay out of her way even if we were once best friends. “I smiled at Isacc. “It’s nothing I just like this seat it’s so comfy,” I said. I watched as she made her way to the line at the counter and then looked away. “So how’s the village?” I asked. “It’s normal, I guess?” He said. We were talking about my trip when I heard footsteps and looked up to see Maxine standing over our table. “Hey Amy, I didn’t know you had a special friend?” she said. I wanted to sink down further in my chair; instead I sat up and smiled. “It’s been a while Max,” I said. She smiled and looked at Isacc. “I know I’ve just been so busy, you know,” She said and then winked at him. I groaned inwardly. “Hey since you two are here why don’t you join me for a party this evening,” She said. I wanted to scream. “That is if you’re feeling up to it she said,” Making a face at my bandaged head. I touched it self consciously and smiled.

                Isacc looked at me and then at Maxine. “I groaned inwardly as Maxine winked her eye at him. “What do you think Amy?” Isacc asked. My eyes widened, “Was he even considering?” I thought, “He was Amish, wasn’t that way out of your culture, I mean there would be booze, drunks and not to mention the make outs.” I smiled and then looked at him. Maxine winked at him. I wanted to punch her so bad but instead I smiled, sat up straighter and then looked at her. “A party sounds good,” I said. Her smile faltered for a second and then she looked at Isacc. “I’ll meet you’ll by my dorm and don’t be late,” she said before winking at Isacc for the hundredth time and then walking no sashaying away. “Why me!” I thought.