Chapter 14

I wanted to beat myself up after we came from the café. I had a ton of work piling up and why because I was only down for one day, one day. One day could do miracles to any homework pile. Isacc and I walked back to the dorm and then he left. He was staying at one of the motels that were close to the campus. Before he left we sat down and talked for a while. I smiled and looked at him. “So this is the first time I’m going to see an Amish party huh,” I said. He smiled. “Well I’ve never seen how these things are and I’d like to experience it,” he said. My eyebrow went up. “Trust me,” I thought, “You will regret it.” I smiled and nodded slowly. “So can you dance?” I asked. He smirked. “We’ll just have to see won’t we,” He said. I smiled and picture him doing a jig or something. I smirked. He left after a while and I plopped down on my bed. I was not bent on going but if I was getting to see Isacc dance hopefully not the jig I’d imagined then I was sure going.

                I got about five minutes after when I realized that I’d have to wear something. Mind you all the parties that Maxine had took me to I wore jeans and a tee shirt. I man that’s what I came to college with. The sad thing was eveytime I got to the parties I felt so underdressed. Can you even imagine comparing capris and a tee shirt to a black slinky dress, gosh it was weird. This time I was going with Isacc and it would be different. Nina entered while I was scrambling through my clothes and sat down on my bed. “Oh, someone’s got a date,” she chorused. I blushed. “It’s just a party,” I said. She looked at my clothes and screwed up her nose. “Wow I could imagine the look when he sees you wearing you jeans and turtleneck, he’ll be so wowed,” She said. “Hey,” I said and plopped down beside her.

                She laughed and got up. “Hey I’ll make you a deal since I was the one who kind of bought the two of you together I’ll help you with your wardrobe,” She said. My eyes widened. “You what?” You mean you almost killed me and he overheard so he came,” I said. She smiled and dodged as I threw a pillow at her. “Well if you put it that way, I’m sorry so I’ll help you with your wardrobe and we’ll call it even,” She said. I smiled. “Well we’ll see,” I said. She went to her bed and pulled out a suitcase from under it. I heard her open a zipper and fumble around until she pulled out something red. “Yes this is it,” She said. She turned around and displayed it. It was a deep red dress with a plunging neckline. “Um exactly where do you think I’m wearing that to?” I asked. She smiled and there wit at me. “Hey!” I cried as it fell on my head. “Well Amy you’ll have to wear it because that‘s the only thing that’s a bit long and kind of loose for me,” She said. “Great,” I thought, “Well at least I have something.” “Thanks,” I said. She smiled and then sat back.

                “Well you better get dressed it’s almost six,” she said. “What?” I said. I looked at my phone and my eyes widened it was really late. I hurried to the bathroom, took a quick shower and then put on the dress. Sure enough it was a bit on the tight side, Nina was petite and me not so much and the bust, uh I felt like giving up. I came out the bathroom and Nina cried out. “What!” I said. “Wowee I should give you that dress,” She said. I scrambled through my clothes looking for my jacket. I couldn’t find it. “Nina did you see my jacket?” I asked. “No,” She said. There was a knock at the door and I knew it was Isacc. “Just a minute,” I called. I threw the clothes off the bed and finally found it at the back of the bed. I threw it on hastily, pout on my sandals and pair of studs sand then stood up.

                “You go girl!” Nina said. I blushed and then waved her good bye. “Hey I might not be back if you come back late ok I’m going to the library,” She said. I smiled and nodded before I opened the door and smiled at Isacc. He looked at me and his eyes roved over me. “You look beautiful,” He said. I blushed. “Thanks,” I said. He was wearing a black jeans and a black shirt. I inhaled and then took his hand. “Let’s do this,” I said and then led him down the steps. We reached Maxine’s apartment and had to wait for her to find her pumps, yep pumps. She finally came out wearing a mini black dress and black pumps. We finally left around eight. Maxine led us past the café and quite a few buildings before we came upon a club like place. She smiled at the man at the door and he let us in, apparently she was popular around here. I walked in and exhaled. Well it was exactly what I expected. There were college students everywhere, partying, drinking, making out and dancing. I sighed and looked at Isacc.

                He was looking around. I could only imagine what he was thinking. Maxine led us through the throng of students and towards the bar. Surprisingly it was not as full as the dance floor. I sat down on a stool beside Isacc while Maxine went over to a group of guys and girls who were huddled in a corner. I turned to Isacc and smiled. “Was it what you were expecting?” I asked. “To tell you the truth I didn’t know what to expect!” he shouted back. I smiled and nodded. Maxine came back and looked at us. “Aren’t you going to order?” She asked. Isacc smiled and asked us what we wanted. In the end Maxine wanted a vodka and orange juice while we ordered beers. I stared at the girl that was once my best friend, how could she have changed so much. I looked away.