Chapter 11

I visited mom and dad or rather they came for me and drove me back home. I’ll admit there were times in college when I looked at my phone at Isaccs’s number to call then I thought that he should be the first to call but he never did. I passed my two years and then finally I was on my last. I would be graduating this year. Max was so far from me, I scarcely saw her after her vomiting episode. She seemed to be more interested in a clique that she was in. I felt alone. I was feeling so alone one evening that I called mom but her phone rang out. I had sighed and plopped down on my bed. Nina had just come in and she was sitting beside me. “Aren’t you bored?”She asked. I lifted a leg. “Hey!” she cried, “You almost killed me. I laughed and turned over. “I’m so bored,” she cried. “I sighed, “You’re not alone.” “Hey,” Nina said, “I forgot to tell you, someone called for you the other day,” she said. “Why didn’t you tell me?” I asked. She smiled. “Relax it was just some guy named Isacc,” she said. “What?” I cried. I lounged for my phone on the dresser but she reached it before me.

                “Is he your boyfriend?” she taunted. “Hey give me that!” I yelled. I raced after her but only managed to get a door in my face as she dodged in the bathroom.”Please give it to me!” I begged. I heard a snicker and then silence. I listened and realized what she was doing. “No!” I cried just as she said hello. I became speechless.Hey handsome,” She said. I blushed beet red. “I heard you called the other day but I missed your call,” She said. “Oh don’t you know how much I missed you,” she continued. “Oh baby...”She said. I froze as I just processed what she just said I could imagine the look on Isacc’s face. I pounded against the door until I heard her stop. She cried out for me to stop but when I did I heard her telling him that she had missed his kisses.

 I yelled at her and then shoved my shoulder against the door. I was on my third attempt to ram the door with my shoulder when it opened and I charged past and ran straight into the wall. My head and shoulders erupted in a flood of pain and I cried out as the air was knocked out of me. “Amy!” Nina screamed. “Oh!” I moaned. Nina came towards me all thoughts of her conversation disappearing fast. She helped me up and I moaned at every step as she carried me to my bed. “I’m sorry,” she said, “I was so stupid.” I shook my head and cried out as a pain shot through my right temple. I looked around and spotted my suitcase. I motioned to it and saw her go over. Before she could even ask what she was looking for I started to see the lights swimming before my eyes. I gasped and then the light vanished before my eyes.