Epilogue

Six years later...

I woke up from my deep sleep to the sound of the television in my room crying out loud. My eyes were half open and I popped up, supporting my weight on my elbows. In front of me was the t.v playing some show that I couldn't understand. I fell back on the bed and rubbed my eyes while a yawn left my mouth.

It was Sunday today. I was supposed to sleep all day.

I groaned loud and pulled myself towards the edge of the bed. Still laying over the bed I pushed forward to now stand up.

I lifted my weight off the bed and was about to put my foot on the ground when-

"Ahhhh! Daddy you're gonna squash me!" Yelled my lifeline.

My half open eyes were now widened. I retrieved my foot back onto the bed and sat back putting my legs underneath me.

"Maira," I sighed. "What are you doing princess?" I lowered down to pull my four year old baby girl onto my lap.

"I'm watching this," she pointed towards the t.v screen. Some show I still couldn't get.

"Baby its so early right now," I took the remote from her hands and switched the t.v off, "Maira and daddy will do sleepy, come.." I pulled my baby along with me and held her in my embrace while laying down on the bed again.

"No daddy!" She wiggled out of my grip and sat down in front of me. "I wanna watch t.v." She pouted angrily and folded her arms across her cute little chest.

"But daddy wants to sleep sweetheart.." I too pouted, trying to win over this cute little child.

She shook her head in a no,"Daddy I'm a Princess and mommy is your sweetheart." She grounded. "Call me Princess."

"Okay, Princess.. Can daddy please sleep?"

"But daddy I wanna watch t.v!" She demanded.

"You can watch in the other room princess, can't you?"

"I can but mommy will not give me cookies then." She made a sad face and her twinkling eyes bore into mine.

"Why would mommy do that to my baby?" I wondered.

"Mommy said go wake up daddy and watch t.v in his room and then Maira eats cookies and makes the tummy happy." She roamed her hand on her small little tummy.

And oh, my little baby just spill her innocent mommy's plan out to not so innocent daddy. Mommy's gotta pay back now.

"Sweet- Princess, you're gonna get so many cookies that the tummy will be very happy." I smiled at her as I lifted her off the bed and moved down.

With Maira in my arms, I walked out of the room.

"Maira, go tell mommy that daddy isn't getting up and then mommy will come to daddy and my princess will eat the cookies, okay?" I explained the plan to her in whispers.

She giggled and covered her mouth with a hand, "Okay daddy, shusshhhh" she placed a finger on her lip.

"Yes, shushh." I imitated her and that made her giggle even more.

Then after Maira sprinted towards the kitchen and I walked back inside the room and hid myself and waited for the curtains to unfold.

A few minutes later I heard my dearest wife blurt inappropriate words to me while entering into our room. "Manik, you lazy ass, wake up right away before I..." she stopped when she didn't find me anywhere in the room.

She kept calling my name and searching for me in the entire room.

"Maira! Where is daddy?"

"Daddy is sleeping mommy!" My little princess was still playing the game.