[14] : Cherry interruptions & Jealousy game

"Manik.."

"Hmm....?" He was engraved in his laptop busy working.

"Manik.." I said again.

"Hmmmm...?"

"Manik!" I shouted so he looks at me.

He did.

He raised his brows in question,"Yes Nandini?"

"I actually quit the writer part and you still want me at your office? I don't think I should be here."

"You should be wherever I am." He smiled for just a second and again went back to his laptop.

It had been a week since we became something. Seven days since we were, together but basically not together.

Were we somewhere close to dating? Well, kind of.

We hadn't confessed our feelings yet. I felt for him, he did too but we never said we like or love each other. So we were something still under construction.

I was sitting in his office, lounging back and forth in the chair in front of him while he was busy in his own world of work. He said he wanted me everywhere minus the most compromising situations, eh. Hence I was everywhere he went. He didn't usually go out for work, whatever he had to do he did on his pretty boring grayish VAIO. My pink one is much more interesting, I thought.

I was sitting idle watching the man I was falling for work. He was a heck of a workaholic. He could work non-stop for hours when he had to. Well I had surely heard he was a man so dedicated to his work. I was impressed. I like such people. He didn't have to stand out and work on his own.. He would have anyways inherited his father's wealth and business but he chose to do something on his own, something that he could call a product of his hard work, not of his father's. I couldn't just help but gain respect for him. My chain of thoughts was broken by a soft knock on the door.

"Come in." He replied to it.

I straightened myself up and turned to look at the door only to find a tall brunette entering. She had small curls while her hair ran down to her waist. She was pretty, blue eyes, sharp features, perfect body, just the kinds that fit the ambiance of EMPIRE. She was holding a bag those fine Chanel ones and dressed up like she was here for a party. She walked a few step with a smile on her face. I looked at Manik and he smiled back at her.

My eyes followed her as she made her way from the door till us. She stood next to where I sat. She looked somewhat familiar to me but I didn't remember seeing her ever.

"Morning Mr. Malhotra" she said still wearing that plastic smile.

"Morning Miss Writer" he said, also with a smile. Why was the smile so not professional? Why did I find something else in those smiles they exchanged? My eyes went from her to him and back to her. This doesn't seem right Nandini..

"Writer?"

"Writer."

"Why?"

"Because sweetheart, you left the writer job, they appointed a fresh one. That is also another reason why I have you here today, give her the specifics or it'll take her an eternity to write it all over again. Considering the magazine launch happens in another four days, we need to get it done soon. Right?"

"You said you were not interested"

"You got me interested." He winked at me.

"But I was doing this.." I felt somewhat disappointed.

"You only left it.."

"Because of you." I reminded him of his stupid, selfish, outrageous behavior that made me take this decision. But to be honest, it wasn't just because of him. That idiotic, coward, son of a freakster! Jeremy! Ugh! I couldn't just stand working for him even if it meant doing myself a favor. He was sick in every breath of his.