[19] : Connected dots & Forgotten affairs

"Manikkkkkk!!! I missed you so fucking much!!" screamed that girl who was still hanging in Manik's arms.

"I missed you too El" he laughed a little, finally putting her down.

I was standing just a few steps away from the both of them and witnessing all of this.

"You didn't say you're coming!"

"Then I would have missed this wide cheeky smile of yours!" She hit his arm lightly.

"Well.. But I just talked to you last night.. You didn't event hint it" he said, still wearing that wide gorgeous smile which that girl had brought on his face.

"There's something called as a 'surprise' and its usually not revealed before hand...." she teased.

"Yeah yeah, SURPRISED I am!"

I was wondering if I should even be there or not.. I was just standing and listening to the two of them converse.

El? Who must she be?

She was a tall, just a few inches shorter than Manik, fair girl. I presumed her to be almost of my age. She had almost shoulder length, black and silky straight tresses and she was leaner than I was. She had pretty chocolate brown eyes, and an even prettier face.

I didn't really want to seem like a jealous girlfriend and no matter how much I wanted him to stop conversing with another girl who looked prettier than me, I didn't interrupt. I just backed out of the place while the duo were still busy chatting.

It was a huge hall, with the known faces of our country settled on the chairs, waiting for the launch to happen probably. I ran my eyes through the entire space to find someone known to me and that is when my eyes caught the only person who knows me the best, Navya!

"Navya!" I called out to her from a distance.

She didn't look towards me. She was talking to someone who seemed like someone of her office. So I decided to walk to her. I had to apologize.

"Navya.." She turned back to face me.

"Nandini? You're here.." she smiled a short smile.

"I want to talk to you"

"I-" she was about to ignore this and go away, I knew it.

"You have to go? Someone's calling? Well they can wait, I have to talk to you, right now!" stating that I grabbed her hand and pulled us to a spot where no one was around.

"Nandini.."

"Navya I'm sorry! I really am! Please..." I took her hands and squeezed them between mine, "Don't be upset anymore.. You've been for a long while now"

"I said I'm not angry or upset with you, I knew you didn't mean it" she said sounding half hearted.

"Really?"

She didn't reply. Instead she started looking away.

She began after a gap, "I didn't think you'd say that ..." she said in a soft cracking voice.

"Navya I'm sorry" I pulled her into a hug and held her tight, "you know I am. I never meant a single word I uttered, I was angry and not on you but myself! I just couldn't think and I blurted out shit! Out of all the people, you know how I am right?"

"Right"

"I am sorry Navya.. I promise I'll do anything you say.." I pulled out of the hug and looked at her.

"I'll do the dishes for the entire month, I'll cook food, I'll go shopping with you, I'll not use your strawberry shampoo and the new conditioner we bought last week, I won't leave my shoes in the living room, I will not take more than 10 minutes while bathing.. Promise!"