[34] : One and Only, Forever.

Last Chapter

We both lay upon the couch in the same room because the bed was too drenched to sleep upon. Well, we should have taken that into consideration. Even though there were six more rooms in this house with equally amazing mattresses, we prefered to be in the one from where we started it all.

She was sleeping peacefully, hugging me from the side and I was wide awake. I stared at the ceiling into nothingness. I was just so happy to have Nandini in my life. I had never loved anyone or even felt the way I feel for her ever in life.

The sun was almost up, sending slight rays of light through the closed curtains. I glanced at Nandini and brushed a hair strand off her face. She looked so pretty and peaceful. I wanted to wake up to this face for each day of the rest of my life. Nandini moved a little in her sleep and I felt her tighten her grip over my waist. She slowly opened her eyes and a smile formed over her lips as she saw me looking at her.

"Morning.." she whispered.

"Morning." I kissed her forehead and she smiled wider.

She opened her mouth to say something but before she could, my phone started ringing. I got off the couch and walked towards the bedside. It was Ella calling me.

I picked up the phone.

"Ella?" I smiled but hearing her voice soon wiped the smile away.

"Manik, you have to come here as soon as you can." She said hurriedly.

"Come where?"

"Cal.. California.. Manik, dad.." she was crying and that worried me.

"Why? What.. what happened?" I asked, tension building up in me.

"Dad.. he's in the hospital Manik. He got into a car accident. They say its too bad. You.. you have to come Manik.. please come soon." She cried.

"El, don't... I'm.. I'm on my way okay? I'm leaving.. just hold on."

"Okay... be safe." She sniffed.

"I will." I assured her and the call was dismissed.

As soon as I turned back, Nandini was standing right in front me wearing confusion over her face.

"Manik, what happened?" She took my face in her hands as she sensed the fear inside me. She understood at once that something was not good.

"Nandini, I.. I have to go."

"Where?" She pressed her eyebrows together.

"Its.. its dad Nandini.. He.. he met with a terrible car accident. I have to go see him." My voice came out pretty much shaken.

"What..?" She tensed, "Manik.."

"I just got a call from Ella, he's in California. I have to go.." panick was evident from my tone. I sure wasn't biologically related to these people but they were the only thing I called as a family.

My dad was always affectionate towards me even if my mother wasn't. I had to go see him, I had to make sure he was alright.

"Manik.." she stroke my arm gently with her palms, "Its.. you have to go. You should go."

I nodded. "Come with me."

Suddenly her face went pale, her expressions died. She just looked at me with a blank face, "I can't." She spoke after a while.