Ready to Run

NIALLS POV

NIALLS POV

I exited the elevator and walked over to her door. I was nervous. I know that we had been together a couple times and I considered her my girlfriend. But I also knew that I had fucked it up bad and I was hoping that we could both have a clean slate. That the hurt I had caused her wouldn't continue to linger in our relationship. Not to mention the fact that I pushed her into that creeps arms and she had slept with him because of the hurt I caused. I pressed my knuckles to the door and knocked lightly.

"Hey" she whispered as she pulled me into the room quietly.

She was so beautiful. Although the image of her walking down the runway in nearly nothing was not going to leave my head anytime soon, this view was nice too. She was wearing dark skinny jeans with a loose white tank that said something I didn't understand on it, and a baseball cap.

I pulled her into me for a hug "What does your shirt say love?" I laughed as I tugged lightly on her tank top.

"Oh, If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen."

"What does that mean?"

"You have never heard that phrase before?" she laughed at me

"No, I have not. Must be an American thing."

"Basically it means if you don't like the pressure or if something is too much for you to handle. Then you should leave it to someone who can. I guess it is an American Phrase" she shrugged her shoulders.

"Well I can definitely handle you. "

"I don't know, are you sure you can handle me?" she leaned up and kissed me. I was glad she wasn't wearing her heels anymore. I was an inch taller than her normally and when she had her heels on she was almost 6 ft tall. I liked when I was the taller one.

"Oh I think I proved that I could handle you" I leaned over and tickled her sides. I loved how playful she was.

"I am starving, room service?" I grabbed the menu off her table.

"Sure! I want cheese fries" she smiled

"Cheese fries for dinner? Fine, but you are having a burger too. You are not allowed to just eat fries love."

"Allowed? Okay Dad." she rolled her eyes

"Speaking of your Dad. We never talk about your parents, or your family, what are they like?" I leaned in and scooted her closer to me on the couch.

"Well my Dad travels a lot. He is a business executive so he fly's to different states to make sure each branch is being managed properly. My mom used to be a teacher but she retired recently. I have a brother who is 9 years older than me. We don't really get a long he is very anti social. I love my family don't get me wrong. They were never really able to understand me though. Like I was always dreaming really big things for myself and they were all stuck in a 9-5 mindset. They still just don't understand that I want something greater for myself. My best friend though Camille, I call her Cami. She is like my sister. We went through high school and college together. We tell each other everything. It has been really hard for me not getting to talk with her. Plus I left my senior year of college to do all this. So I wont be graduating for another year or two, I guess it just depends on if I decide to go back."