London Calling

BROOKE POV

BROOKE POV

"Looks good, but not eye catching enough, next" he shooed me to go back to the dressing room.

I was beginning to wonder if Jesse was at all attracted to me or if he was acting like a pompous celebrity because we were in front of his help. He ditched me not once but twice over the last two days. Dinner with the film crew was awkward but I made the most of it, becoming friends with a few other up and coming people. I did a photo shoot and line reading for the guest appearance on the sitcom he set me up with and finished my fitting for the fashion show. I figured are long flight on the plane would have given us some time to get to know each other but instead he slept in the back of the plane with his headphones on completely unaware of my existence. I was exhausted and it had only been two days.

I picked a red dress off the hanger, this one was far too sexy for my taste. The slit on the left leg reached all the way to my thigh and the neckline plunged leaving very little left for the imagination. I decided not to walk out of the dressing room in such a revealing outfit and hung the red one back up.

The last dress remained. It was a dark navy blue Yves St Lauraint. The dress draped to the floor with no slit, but instead a very flattering mermaid silhouette that accented my large hips and tiny waist. The top of the dress dipped into a sweetheart neckline and a small strap draped off each of my shoulders. It was gorgeous.

"Wow. Showstopper. " He looked me up and down. "That's the one, lets get her hair and makeup done and add some diamonds" he nodded in approval.

It was strange how I was searching for his approval. How the way he looked at me with wide eyes in amazement made me feel good about myself. So far we had barely talked, I knew nothing about him, but I wanted him to like me.

"Toss the dress over" the stylist motioned at the top of my dressing room door.

The stylists grabbed the dress  and began steaming it, a robe was pulled over my topless body and I was placed in a chair. They began quickly coloring the bottom of my hair making it an even lighter contrast then before. My nails were being covered in foil and dipped in powder within seconds. Another stylist at the floor painting my toe nails and a blonde girl to the right of her with self tanning lotion evenly rubbing it all over my legs and feet. I felt a tug from behind me and realized my hair was being rinsed out. "It was just a color enhancer sweetie, we don't have time to highlight again, this will just make it blonder" the women assured me as she began blow drying my hair. "Close your eyes" another girl said as she began to rub eye shadow across my lids. I had no idea it took this many people to get one person ready. Especially since I was used to throwing on a pencil skirt and tucking it into an old rock n roll t-shirt with a leather jacket or blazer. I loved fashion but I wasn't THIS high maintenance.

"Pucker" a girl popped in front of my face and began doing my lips.

"That stings" I whispered to her.

"Sorry madam" she spoke in a British accent. "Its collagen lip plumper, it will give you a perfect pout"

The stinging started to subside.

"Eliza, think you can be done in 45 minutes?" Jesse sat in the chair behind me having his hair slicked back into a style reminiscent of Tom Cruise.

"We should be done in 30" the pixie cut girl yelled back at him.

"Great, Sam have them pull the car around in 30 minutes" he turned to his body guard who nodded back in approval and whispered something in his head set.

I looked down at my feet and hands now both perfectly polished in a silver color that matched Jesse's suit.

"Alright what do ya think?" all the stylists stood over me as they spun the chair to reveal my look in the mirror.

It took me awhile to recognize myself. My hair was dark on top and gradually golden all the way down to the tips where it was a bright blonde. The gentle curls framed my face and my new side swept bangs made my cheek bones pop. They had a winged eyeliner cat eye look on the corner of my eyes with silver and bronze shimmer shadows over my lids. My eyelashes were extended to their fullest and my rose colored lips shined back at me. They reached behind me and placed a diamond choker necklace around my neck and finished off the look with sapphire tear drop earrings. 

" I look..." I really could not put into words how I looked. blonder, bronzer, expensive. None of those seemed appropriate. I looked airbrushed but in the best way possible. It was hard to say how I felt because the person staring back at me was stunning, I just couldn't put into words that it was me.

"Gorgeous Love, You look gorgeous" Eliza gushed, all the stylists around her gave approving looks and then stood me up. "Alright lets step into your dress now" they untied my robe and it fell to the floor, I quickly put my arms over my chest as not to reveal myself to the world but Jesse already caught a glimpse from the back, raising his eyebrows from afar. That was the first reaction I had ever got out of him. Apparently all I had to do was get naked.

Eliza pulled the dress on me and slipped it through my shoulders. Diamond leather studded heels sat on the floor below me and I slipped my feet into them. They handed me a clutch to carry while the other placed what looked like chicken cutlets down my shirt. "For added cleavage, she whispered in my ear, looks great on the camera". I still could not believe any of this was happening. "Spin" Eliza said, as I began to spin she misted me with perfumes while one other girl took a bronzing powder to my cleavage.

"Cars here" Jesse peeked up from his phone and uncrossed his arms. "Here is your script" he handed it to me and then took my hand in his. "Come on, I will help you down the icy path. The ladies placed a black fur shawl around my shoulders and waved goodbye.

"Thanks so much girls" I tried to hug them but Jesse pulled me away.

"Sorry but we really have to go, thanks Eliza, you always work your magic" he waved.