Bro Code

NIALLS POV

NIALLS POV

I was used to my face being all over the tabloids. Its not something I ever got comfortable with especially since almost all of it was lies.

The press would catch a photo of me with one girl and suddenly I was dating her, marrying her or fucking her. There was no convincing them otherwise. I sat in the plane watching the clouds in the sky. It was normal for us to catch flights that left us landing right before events, leaving barely enough time to get ready. The only thing that kept us preoccupied was laughing at the trash in the magazines and writing songs for our album. We were on our way to London for the BBC awards.

I had just been stuck in a love triangle rumor with Ed Sheeran and my good friend Ellie Goulding. Although some of it was a rumor, not all was. I get a little crazy when I drink and Ellie just happened to be around. Ed and her weren't officially dating although I knew he liked her. I hooked up with her back at the hotel and regretted it ever since. I wasn't into her, it was just convenient and truth be told I was lonely. Now the tabloids were full of pictures of me and Ed, dragging my name through the dirt and labeling me as a back stabbing friend. This year had been rough on my reputation, Not to mention with Zayn leaving the band back in March things were crazy. Touring was over and we just released our last album "Made in the A.M". This season of award shows would be our last as a band and we all decided to go towards solo careers. Life was insane right now.

"Hey look mates..." Harry lifted up a magazine he was reading with a picture of a hot brunette and the words "Victoria's Secret" sprawled across the pages. "Looks like shes a new angel" Harry licked his lips

"I swear they get hotter each time" I joined in on the banter.

"The things I would do to her...." Harry added

"Mates! lets be respectful" Louis chimed in, always trying to be the proper one in the group.

Harry flipped the magazine towards Louis face of the brunette, she was wearing a navy blue silk leotard and her brown hair draped down past her chest. She looked mysterious and her green eyes pierced through the pages.

"Bloody hell...." Louis looked at the magazine and took it from Harry's hands. "Better than what I am reading, Niall looks like Ed wrote  song about you." Louis threw the magazine in my lap.

"Great. The press is going to have a field day about this" I tossed the magazine across the room and walked over to the bar.

"You guys want anything?" I picked up the six pack in the fridge and put it on the table.

"Leave it to Niall to drown his sorrows in alcohol" Liam teased

"Did you guys want to put together a speech in case we win?" Louis cracked his beer open, letting he fizz escape and grabbed the paper in front of him.

"Hand me a pen" Harry pointed to the drawer next to the magazines and I tossed one to him

"Nice catch" Louis laughed as the pen smacked Harry across the forehead.

"Really Niall?" Harry pointed to his forehead, blaming me.

"I play golf " I defended myself throwing back my head and laughing.

"Lets just wing it mates" Louis pointed to the note pad. "We always just make our speeches up on the spot. Nialler you can start it and we will each just jump in, deal?" Louis reached across to me with his beer can and clanked it against mine to toast.

"Sure, why not" I agreed. Tossing my empty beer to the side and reaching for another.

"Slow down there Nialler, we don't need you urinating in public again" Harry joked

"Yeah, or calling are fans at the airport cunts" Louis winked at me, all three of them now cracking up at my misfortune.

"Your probably right" I set the beer back down in its case. I tended to get a little crazy when I was drunk and said things I otherwise would not.

"Boys!" our stylist emerged from the back of the plane. "We have hundreds of fans waiting at the airport for you. It is going to be hell getting you guys out of here. I brought some outfit options for the awards so we are just going to park the plane on the runway in 10 minutes and get ready here. Hopefully if we wait it out some of your fans will leave. If not we will have to call for more body guards to meet us there."

"Gotta love our fans" Harry laughed.

"Alright here are your options. Each of you has three outfits so you just choose one you want and wear the other to the after party. Try not to be too casual." she hinted to me and Louis.

I went over to the rack and shuffled through the options. Some people went all out to these things with custom suits. I just wanted to be comfortable and have a good time and suits were not at all my style. I spotted a pair of Converse that had the Irish flag painted on the tops. " Assuming these are for me?" I lifted the shoes up in the air.

Our stylist nodded.

"Nice kicks" Louis joked.

We waited on the runway for three hours for the crowd to clear. It was now only an hour and a half until the award show started and we were all dressed and ready to go. All five of us walked off the plane as our body guards guided us past the terminals and into the large stretch limo waiting for us. Girls chased the limo up the streets for what seemed like a mile. As we pulled up to the awards I could see the red carpet. I never got tired of seeing the crowd awaiting us, it was really humbling to see how far we had come in less than five years.

"Hey Hair" Louis pointed at the glass on the window of the limousine "Isn't that the girl in the magazine?" he pointed to a long legged brunette standing on the red carpet alone.

I popped my head out of the sun roof and gazed at her from afar.

"I am calling it" I said as I slipped back into my seat.

"What?!" Harry said in shock. "You can't call it mate, I saw her first"

The guys and I were used to fighting over girls. We came up with an idea of "calling dibs" on the girls we liked so that we weren't constantly at each other's throats. If we both were really interested in her, we did Bro Code which basically meant whoever talked to her first got dibs.

"Fine, Bro Code, whoever gets to her first" I challenged Harry.

Harry was always the ladies man and I rarely had dates. Not because I didn't like women as much as he did, but because I didn't like to play with girls hearts. The next girl I liked I wanted to be exclusive with and start maturing, enough hooking up with fans.

"Deal" Harry shook my hand from across the limo

"Jesus Harry, do you have to try to sleep with every girl you see" Louis teased

Harry flipped his hair back and made a sly grin at Louis not responding to his remark.

"Ready?" our body guard popped his head into the limo signalling it was time for all of us to get out.

The five of us poured out of the limo. Every camera flashed in our direction and microphones were in our face. So many allegations were being shot at us. Girls from the audience were screaming our names. I followed the guys to the first backdrop where we posed for some photos.

I watched her from a distance.

Her navy blue dress the same color as the leotard she had been photographed in. She was even sexier in person. Some guy picked her up and swung her around kissing her in front of the camera. He sat her back down ignoring the fact that her shoe had fallen off. He walked away from her to an interviewer leaving her behind him looking sad and struggling to reach down for her shoe. Harry started walking towards her direction but an interviewer stopped him in his tracks. I walked behind all the photographers and made a bee-line for her.