The Blue Banana

BROOKE POV

BROOKE POV

Once inside my hotel I begged the guy at the front desk for a second room key, he recognized me from my magazine add and was willing to help. He took me to the door and handed me the second key acting as if he was going to faint. I tipped him with a $20 and headed into my room. I scrambled around ferociously trying to find something to wear. I hid Niall's shirt deep in my suitcase and zipped it up in a hidden compartment. I pulled out skinny jeans with a hole in the knee, a white silk tunic that left some cleavage, some black heels and my Burberry trench coat. I knew the chances of running into the paparazzi were high so I went over to the vanity and wiped the dry tears off my face. I began brushing bronzer on my face, and applying the makeup the stylists had given me. I finished the look with a red lip stain and pulled my hair forward, running my fingers through it and doing a small hippie braid with my bangs. It was 9:55 and this would have to do. I walked down to the lobby and sat at a table waiting for Jesse to come down, my sunglasses over my eyes trying to appear incognito. So far nobody had recognized me other than the bell hop but I knew that as soon as Jesse met my side that would all change.

Jesse walked up in a dark denim jacket and black skinny jeans, he had a cigarette in his left hand a beanie pulled down just above his eyebrows. If he wasn't such a jerk all the time, I may have found him attractive.

"How was your night?" he asked, almost as if he was on to me.

"It was good, I stayed for another hour or so and then came back to the hotel, you?" I tried to make conversation.

"Good, glad you got some sleep, today will be a lot of running around" Jesse tucked the cigarette in his mouth and blew smoke into the air. He looked like a bad boy, I know he didn't try to be but that's just how he came off. He exuded confidence and cockiness. "Let's roll" he pointed to the front glass rotating doors and took my hand. As we exited the hotel, cameras flashed everywhere.

"Jesse and Brooke!" "How was your night you two" "Jesse over here!...."

So many reporters and flashes in one mob, I walked hand in hand with him as we both ignored the reporters and got into the limo tucked behind the hotel.

"Is it always like that?" I asked him when we were in the limo

"Not always. It hasn't been this crazy for me in a while, but they see you and want all the scoop before anyone else." He crossed his legs and unrolled the window letting the cigarette fly out.

We pulled up to a studio in Manchester where he was supposed to record a song for the day and take photos for his album cover. The studio was small and if not for the sign outside, it would be impossible to guess it was a place so many artists recorded at. When we stepped in the 'Blue Banana' it had hippie chic decor, reminiscent of the Beatles era.

"Alright, I am going to go lay down some tracks in studio 10. You can chill out here in the lounge or come inside, up to you" he walked toward the studio shutting the door behind him.