Hot Mess

NIALL POV

NIALL POV

I woke up, dried tears on my cheeks. I was so mad that I had said those things to Brooke. That I had to lie to her face and convince her that she meant nothing to me. It was all lies. I was hoping she would be able to see right through it. I slammed my fist against the wall next to me in anger.

When I went out to the living room all the boys were still gathered around the couch eating dinner, it looked like Chinese take out. After Brooke left, I had escaped into the bedroom not answering any of their questions for the night. No matter how hard Harry pounded on the door I refused to talk about it. Now that I was awake and I had hid out in the bedroom all day, I knew I would have to explain myself.

"Niall, what was she talking about?" Louis peeked up from his bowl of shrimp fried rice, expecting an answer from me.

"We never made a bet!" Harry walked over to me

Everyone was looking at me for answers.

" It was for her own good"

"Mate, what are you talking about?" Liam made his way over to me

"I met with Steven Lafringe yesterday morning. The guy who Brooke signed the contract with to date Jesse. I had thought that I was going to work out an agreement with him to end all the bull shit. But when I got there...." I stopped to catch my breath and wipe the tears from my face. I really didn't like my friends seeing me crying, it made me look weak.

"When you got there what?" Louis asked

"When I got there he had a suitcase of pictures. Pictures of me and Brooke you know... doing it. He had photos and videos of us in this hotel naked having sex. He told me if I didn't break up with her he would release all of it to the press." I could feel my blood boiling remembering the conversation all over again.

"How did he get pictures of that?" Harry asked puzzled

"Jesse hired a PI and he has been following us. Apparently he stood outside and filmed the room. It was my bonehead mistake because I wasn't careful and didn't shut the shades." I ran over to the kitchen area and pulled a beer from the fridge swigging it back quickly.

"I'm so sorry Niall. I don't know what to say. Don't you think lying to her like that is worse than those photos being released?" Liam asked with his head in his hands trying to come up with a plan.

"No. Her Victoria Secret contract would be null and void. Not to mention the nasty comments people would make. It would destroy her." I pulled another beer from the fridge and chugged it back realizing my first bottle was already empty.

"So is the plan to get drunk and forget about it all then?" Liam shook his head like he was angry with me.

"You know what, I don't need you guys judging me. I just had to make a really hard decision and let the girl I love walk out of my life forever." I pulled the six pack of lager out of the fridge and popped a cap off of another bottle, throwing the two empty ones in the trash.