I am Shadow- Chapter 35

Hey guys, I know.... I deserve to be slapped for this long of a wait. School and sports have just been ridiculous! I'm sooooo sorry. This is super short. Another chappy will be up by the weekend, I swear.

-Lexi's POV-

"He's here," I mumbled under my breath, turning to Artemis. "We need to get to headquarters now."  Nodding, Artemis took off to rally the others.

I started to change into my uniform when Dick grabbed my arm, stopping me. "Lexi wait. We were talking..."

"Dick," I sighed, placing my hand over his and interlacing our fingers. "We can talk when this is all over, okay? I believe that you did nothing wrong. But right now, we need to go do your jobs and protect the world." He stared at me for a moment, then nodded.

"I'll meet you at the Watchtower. I have to change." And then he was out the door. Turning, I glanced at my old uniform that I'd worn as Fox for years. The black skin-tight fabric and the cape with the red trimming beckoned me, but as Wonder Woman and I had discussed, I wasn't Fox anymore.

"I am Shadow," I thought to myself as I picked up the cloak that Rifter had given me.

-Dick's POV-

After I'd changed into my uniform and Tim into his, we Zeta'd to the Watchtower and were greeted with the entire Justice League present, minus Lexi. Superman was standing with Batman in front of a computer, showing images of the massive fleets of flying ships that hovered in our skies.

"We need to take action now!" Wonder Woman said, banging her fist on the table. "Every moment that we wait, we risk the safety of humanity. Vandal Savage has already given us his warning weeks ago, and now he is here, prepared to destroy us."

"No one is going to destroy anyone," Lexi's voice sounded from behind me. Turning around, I took in her new appearance. She was dressed in tight, skinny-fit, black camouflage pants, a formfitting black tank top that seemed to me made of thick leather material, and black leather combat boots that went up to her knee. Draped over her shoulder was -or at least what I had perceived it to be at the time- a black blanket. She had her bow and quiver slung on her back, her dagger strapped to her upper thigh, and one of Batman's high-tech laptops were under her arm; she looked ready for stabbing or surfing the web, whatever came first. Her eyes were sheltered by her sunglasses, but even through the thick material I could see their bright blue glow. "We aren't going to let Vandal Savage take over."

"I assume you have a plan?" Superman asked, stepping forwards.

Lexi nodded. "I was told that when I went missing, you voted against sending a search party to find me. Is that true?" Superman gulped, but nodded in agreement. "I hold no grudges, Superman. But I won't leave the world to the same fate that you left me to. Understood?"

"Understood. We follow you in this battle."

Lexi looked around the room, taking in the brave people who surrounded her, a small smile twitching at the corner of her lips. "First things first, I want to get the governments and armies of the world on our side. I don't want them interfering, and we're going to need all the help that we can get. I'll take a small group with the United Nations headquarters in New York to start with." We all nodded in agreement. "Batman, Robin, and Nightwing, attend me. The rest of you, deploy yourselves around the world and alert people. Tell MI6, MI5, CIA, FBI... if they've got abbreviations, I want them aware of the situation and on board."

Everyone nodded in agreement, then went off on their separate ways to do her bidding. "What now?" Robin asked.

"Now," Lexi sighed, pulling her hood over her head, "Now we go to the United Nations.