The Great Escape- Chapter 2

-Lexi's POV-

The next morning when I woke up from yet another restless sleep, I heard my door being opened.

"Wake up." I was ordered. I recognized the voice as Desaad's assistant, and quickly sat up as straight as possible. I felt different this morning. "Keep your eyes closed. I'm going to put the visor over them." I did as I was told and the blindfold was moved, and something slightly heavy was put in it's place. "Open."

And for the first time in who knows how long, I could see.

It was strange, though. I saw everything in front of me, all the people and shapes and everything, but it was tinted a blackish gray shade, so I couldn't see colors. But I could see, and that was all that I needed.

"How do you feel?" I was asked by the scary creature in front of me.

"F-fine, sir." I said, bowing my head. "I am grateful. Please give my thanks to Desaad."

"Do it yourself. He is ready to start trails. Stand."

For the first time in weeks, I stood by myself, and didn't fall back down. For some reason, I just felt stronger, and braver. 

"Good, unchain her." The guards did as they were told and my bindings were undone. "Follow me." We stepped into the hallway and the guards went to follow. "That wont be necessary. She will not fight me. Will you, girl?"

"No master. I have no wish to fight you." I replied. "I want to kill you for what you've done to me." I thought to myself.

The guards shrugged, and sat down in chairs in front of my room. I walked behind the Assistant in the opposite direction of the escape pods and thought as to how I could get back there. Then we passed a room that had to be Vandal Savages office. I slowed as I passed it, looking inside. There was a massive desk, and the back wall was lined with trophies. Animal heads from all around the galaxy. And something that caught my eye. My utility belt. And the best part? It was empty. 

So I made up my mind. And then with all my might, I hit the Assistant in the head and he fell down. For good measure, I gave him a kick and when he didn't move, I knew that he was down for the count. I turned around I sprinted inside the office and grabbed what was rightfully mine. I attempted to wrap it around my waist, but found that it was too big because of all my weight loss, so I slipped it over my shoulder, ignoring the pain that I felt when I moved. Looking inside the front pouch, I found what I had put there for safe keeping. My promise ring. Smiling slightly as I slipped it on, I quickly ran out of the room. It wouldn't be long before someone noticed the person lying limp on the floor. I bolted back towards where I knew the escape pods would be and didn't slow for even a millisecond as I passed the guards in front of my room.

I was halfway to where I needed to be when they finally realized what was going on a shouted,"Code red! The prisoner has escaped! Code red!" I heard pounding footsteps running after me, but kept going until I reached the pods. I slipped inside the first one I saw and slammed the door shut, separating me from my pursuers, then sealing myself inside the pod locking it air tight. Scanning the controls, I found them to be similar to that of the batplane, and pressed the button that said 'launch'. Not once did I turn around, even though I could hear my captors pounding on the door.

Rule number 2 on being a spy: Never look back. Grinning, I sped forward into space and selected Earth as my destination.

"Earth is  5,913,520,000 km (39.5AU) from your current location. Switching to auto-pilot." The computer said. Flopping down into the chair, I got to inspect my body for the first time in a while. My skin was a rainbow of blacks, blues, and purples, every inch having a bruise. There was also tons of black liquid, which I assumed to be dirty, dried blood,

Forcing myself to look away, I turned on the turbo jets and got the hell away from the Warworld.

I have no idea how long it took me to make it into Earth's orbit, but when I saw the Watchtower floating just a mile away from me, I got extremely excited. But before I could turn off the auto-pilot and steer the ship there, I entered Earth's gravitational pull and went barreling towards the surface.

The inside of my pod got exceptionally hot as we blazed through the outer layer of Earth's atmosphere. When I finally got enough courage and looked out of my window, all I saw was water. And I knew that as soon as my pod hit that water, it would blow up. Which begged the question...do I go down with my ship, or jump?

I chose to jump.

Saying a quick prayer to Poseidon, put my ring back into my belt and strapped it on as securely as possible, and made sure my visor was on tight. Then I kicked to door open and inhaled my first bit of fresh, salty sea air.

And when I was lower enough to the water, I jumped. Somehow, I managed to pull out a perfect dive, pointed and flawless into the water. When I resurfaced though, I was attacked by wave upon vicious wave. They assaulted my already tender body as I fought to stay afloat. Then something amazing happened.

A school of dolphins appeared out of nowhere, and began circling around me, not allowing me out of their circle. At first I thought that maybe they were trying to drown me, but then I saw the shark fin that was sticking out from the water. They were protecting me, like they would protect one of their own.

As my limbs grew weaker, I decided to take a risk. I swam over to the nearest dolphin, grabbed onto it's fin, and held tightly as the dolphins began to swim away.

The last thing the I remember was seeing the shore on the horizon before I blacked out.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

annndd BOOM BAM theres chapter 2!!! :D COMMENT AND VOTE!