I Went Crazy- Chapter 13

-Lexi's POV-

"Bruce, Dick needs you downstairs. Superman just called on the computer." I told him as I passed his office. He sighed, thanking me for telling him and walked sluggishly out of the room. Feeling tired from my mental breakdown just a few moments ago, I plopped down at the dining room table. Glancing up, I peered into the kitchen to see Alfred, Barbra, and Tim baking cookies. Well actually, Alfred and Babs were making to cookies, while Tim just kept eating the dough.

"Tim, cut it out! They're going to be done in like thirty minutes!" Barbra scolded, swatting his hand away. Tim stuck his tongue out at her childishly  before taking yet another scoop of dough and quickly ducked out of her reach when she tried to hit him. He stuffed his prize in his mouth and then walked out into the dinning room, swallowing the dough whole and grinning when he saw me.

"Hey Lex! I take it that Bruce's idea worked?" He questioned, sitting down next to me, nodded at my new shades.

"Yeah, I can see." I replied, laughing at the wide smile the stretched across his face.

"That's great!" he exclaimed, wrapping me in a tight hug, but quickly releasing me when I winced. "Oops, sorry about that. Forgot about the bruises."

"It's alright," I assured him, frowning slightly. I raised my arms in front of my face to inspect my body, wondering how bad the damage really was. I gasped at the scars that stretched up from my wrist to the crease of my elbow, and the kaleidoscope of black, blue, purple, and yellow bruises.

"What's wrong?" Tim inquired.

"I look awful," I stated, knowing that if my arms looked like this, then the rest of my body was probably just as bad.  

Tim was about to respond, but Dick sauntered into the room. "No, you look beautiful, as always," he corrected. I rolled my eyes at him. "It's true!" Dick insisted. "Right Tim?"

"Right!" Tim chorused. He was about to add something else, but Barbra entered, carrying a tray of warm, freshly baked cookies.

"He's right Lexi," she grinned, before turning her attention to Tim, who was trying to sneak six cookies off the tray. "Tim, we've talked about this! Take two, and come back for more if you're still hungry! Do you want to get fat? And not to mention the cavities!" He ignored her and bolted from the room. I laughed as I heard him run upstairs and slam his bedroom door shut, no doubt locking himself inside.

"There's that smile," Dick whispered in my ear. It made me wonder how long it had been since I'd smiled.

"Lexi, I like the shades. They suit you," Barbra commented, pushing the tray of cookies toward us. She frowned as she watched Dick take two, and me not take any. "Don't you like chocolate chip? Dick said that they were your favorite."

"Oh, I do," I shrugged. "I'm just not hungry."

"You should eat. You've lost so much weight. There's no way that's healthy." Dick told me, crinkling his eyebrows like he always did when he was concerned.

"It's not everyday you hear someone telling you to gain more weight," I joked, trying to lighten the mood.

"Some girls look better with some fullness in their face, you know," Barbra insisted, pushing the tray towards me again. "Take as many as you want. Please? For us?" Both she and Dick gave me the puppy-dog look and I gave in, taking three and biting into one.

"Ohmygod," I moaned at the sheer deliciousness. "Babs, if you ever decide that crime fighting isn't for you, go into the baking business. Like, seriously."

"I'm glad you like them," she smiled.

"So Dick, what did Superman want?" I asked him in-between bites. I watched curiously as he shot Barbra a cautious glance before turning to me.