Faith, Trust, and... wait what?- Chapter 5

-Lexi's POV-

Before I start, this chapter was kinda just something fun for me. It's for you to decide if lexi is hallucinating or if she's really seeing  this (bcuz I honestly have no idea. I just wrote it)

I woke up and found myself surrounded by darkness. And not like 'the lights are off' kind of dark. It was as if the walls, the ceiling, and the flooring was completely black.

"Hello?" I called. "Is anyone there?" There was no response. Looking down, I gasped, finding that I could see my body. My once bruised and scarred body was now clear, not a mark in  sight, but I couldn't remember how I'd managed to get those cuts, only that they were there. "Woah."

"You look confused." A cheerful, boyish sounding voice said. I whirled around, finding that I wasn't alone. I was joined by a boy of medium stature. He had long, gangly limb that screamed thirteen year old and wispy reddish brown hair that really needed a combing. He was dressed in leaves and animal skins, and obviously had the power of flight, seeing as he was sitting cross-legged in mid air.

"W-Who are you?" I asked, backing away from him. "Are you going to hurt me?"

"Me? Hurt you? Hahaha!" He laughed. "You hear that Tink? She thinks that we wanna hurt her!!!" For the first time, I noticed a small, almost in detectible ball of light sitting on his shoulder. It must have been alive, because when he made his 'joke', it shook with a soft, bell-like laughter.

"What is that?" I asked, pointing to the creature.

"Oh, this is Tinkerbell. She's my fairy." He said in a 'duh' kind of voice, as if I should know such things.

"Right... Of course. And you are?" I said slowly. Surely this boy was on drugs.

"I'm Peter. Peter Pan." He replied matter-of-factly.

"But you... you're just a story." I stammered. As a child, stories of Peter Pan flooded my dreams. But of course, I was constantly told that he was just a child's story. Apparently now not only an I lost in a dark room, but I'm having hallucinations too.

"Believe what you want, but I'm here, in the flesh! Sort of..."

"Fine, Peter Pan." I said, exaggerating his name. "Would you mind telling me where we are, and how I came to be here?"

"Oh sure! We're in your mind, of course!"

"My mind?" I asked incredulously. "What... How did we get here?" The fairy tingled and jingled. "What's she doing?"

"Talking."

"What's she saying?"

"She says that you're in a coma. It's only natural that you hide inside your mind."

"I'm in a coma? What happened?"

"I dunno." He shrugged, pulling out a set of reed pipes and blowing a pleasant tune on them.

"Why are you here, then?" I asked.

"I like to guide the souls of dead children to heaven. Ya know, so they won't be scared."

"That still doesn't explain why you're here."

"Well, you're dying. I'm here to guide you to heaven."

"What? I thought that I was in a coma!"

"Well.. you are. It's hard to explain, but when you're in a coma, you're about as close to death as you can get. So I figured that I'd just wait here until you die, and then I can take you to heaven."

"Alright..." I said, taking it in. "Okay, so I'm dying. But you said that you take children. I'm not a child, I'm nearly twenty."

"Yeah... we see that now. But usually Tink just leads me to the ones who believe in fairies...children know such a lot now, they soon don't believe in fairies, and every time a child says, 'I don't believe in fairies,' there is a fairy somewhere that falls down dead. And I've never met an grown up who believed in fairies before. " He shrugged. "So I figured, you can't be all bad since, ya know, ya believe in fairies and all."

"Oh, the cleverness of you." I said sarcastically.

"I am clever, aren't I?" He replied cockily.   "Wait, you do believe in fairies don't ya?"

I thought over this for a moment. Until this moment, I guess that I had never really thought of it before, but thinking of it now, I realized that I did indeed believe in fairies. "Yeah, I do." Especially considering there's one right in front of me.

"Good." He said, giving a firm nod before going back to playing his pipes.

"Sooo.... what now?" I asked.

He paused his music. "I'm just waiting for you to die." he shrugged. "Then I can take you to heaven. I like you. I don't want ya to be afraid."

"Oh." I said softly. The word die kept replaying in my head over and over. I felt tears running down my cheeks and I flopped down onto the floor with a heavy sigh.

"Are you okay?" Peter asked, landing on the floor for the first time and walking over to me. He sat next to me and put a comforting hand on my shoulder. "You don't have to be afraid, ya know... It's not as scary as you think."

"Easy for you to say. You never have to grow up and die."

He looked at me in the eyes and then gave a large, cheerful grin the stretched across his face. "To die... would be an awfully great adventure."

"Y-yes, I suppose it would..." I mussed, thinking it over. "Would you play more music Peter?"

"Sure! Do ya like it?"

"I do. It keeps me calm." I told him honestly. He smiled and pulled out his pipes, blowing another cheerful, happy tune.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok COMMENT AND VOTE!! :D Ikik laugh away Peter Pan but whatevs. I think its cute. (and sinc all the other chapter have been fairly dark and apparently a lot of you are crying... yeahhh... ok laterz <3