The Love Drug-Chapter 31

-Dick's POV-

Did you see that guy? That guy walking down the street in a black dress shirt and a huge grin on his face? That's me, Dick Grayson: Happiest guy on Earth. Know why? Because the girl that I love just had sex with me, and told me that she loved me about a hundred times in twenty four hours. I kept grinning at people that I pass on the street, and they'd either smile back at me, or look at me like I'm high on drugs. Which I am. The Love-Drug. Don't be surprised if I just start skipping and singing "Zip-a-Dee-freaking-Doo-Dah." I'm that happy. Girlfriend whipped, thy name is Dick Grayson. As if you all didn't already know.

I couldn't stop thinking about her... her laugh, her smile, her eyes... or what I can see of them anyways. She's perfect. We were perfect. Were. Because nothing good ever last for me. I'm not that lucky.

Anyways, I was walking down the street to the Athenian Hotel, because Alfred had made reservations there for Tim, Bruce, and I at the restaurant inside, claiming that we need father-son bonding time. What the hell does that even mean? When I reached the door though, I slammed into a random passerby, knocking her to the ground.

Guess I was too busy picturing Lexi in my head that I didn't pay attention  to where I was going. "I'm so sorry, I wasn't looking were I was- wait, Delancy?" I couldn't believe it. Lexi's friend from her top-secret spy school was back in Gotham. "What are you doing here?"

"Dick! Oh my gosh, it's so good to see you!" she grinned, wrapping me in a quick hug. "How are you?"

I'm so happy, I might float away any second now on a cloud made of marshmallows. "I'm good, and yourself?"  

"That's great. I'm glad you're... better."

I shrugged, knowing that she was referring to my depressed state when Lexi was gone. "She's back," I replied simply.

"I just wish that we could've found her sooner," Delancy sighed. I thought back to when we had come back from the official search for Lexi, coming home empty handed. I stole the Batplane and searched the world for clues. Eventually, I decided to turn to Lexi's mother (Her birthmother, that is...) for help. Being with the CIA, she might have some clues  as to Vandal Savages whereabouts. But she too had no idea where her only daughter might be. Wanting to help, she sent Delancy to search with me. Both desperate to find Lexi, Delancy and I continued searching until Delancy decided that it was official: No one on Earth could help us find Lexi. We would have to keep looking for clues, but it was time to go home. We went our separate ways, but not before forming a good understanding of each other. I even told her my secret identity.

"Hey, we've got her now," I smiled. "And no one is going to take her away. So what are you doing in town?"

"Work stuff. I have a date here tonight though."

"Really? I'm having a family dinner here," I told her, checking my watch. "I'm actually about half an hour early. Can I buy you a drink? We can catch up. If you have time before your date, that is."

"Yeah, my date and I are having dinner here, but I'm also staying in the hotel. I have a few hours to change, so I can spare a half hour to talk with a friend."

"Great!" I exclaimed, placing a hand on the small of her back(in a completely friendly way, mind you) and walked her through the doors, leading her to where I knew the bar was. We took a seat and I ordered two cocktails.

A moment later, a familiar girls voice shouted, "Dick Grayson, you insufferable man-whore!"

"Artemis?" I asked upon turning around. She just raised her right hand and brought it across my face, the slapping sound echoing in the now quiet bar. Rubbing my stinging face, I shouted, "What the hell is wrong with you, woman?!"