So much for a nap...- Chapter 18

-Dick's POV-

"Alright Alexia, I just need you to concentrate, okay? Just picture where you want to go." Bruce told Lexi. We were upstairs at Wayne Manor in his office, trying to test her shadow traveling.

"Ok. You said that I should aim for the Batcave, right?" Lexi asked nervously. It had been several weeks since her 'passing out' episode. Her powers obviously drained her.

"That's correct," Bruce confirmed.

"Lexi, if you aren't ready, we don't have to do this. We can try another time. You're still recovering." I didn't want her to feel stressed or pressured about anything.

"No Dick, it's fine. I just... don't know how I did it last time, that's all. I want to try to figure this out."

"Alright, if you're sure," I sighed, stepping forward and attaching a communicator to the collar of her shirt. "Just ring when you make it down there."

"Gotcha."

"Remember to focus on where you want to go." Bruce reminded her, turning off the lights but leaving on a map so that it cast shadows over us from the furniture. Lexi nodded in confirmation and took a deep breath, walking straight to the wall.

Then she slammed into it face first and fell back on her butt.

"Ow!" She complained, holding her nose.

"Lexi, are you alright?" I asked her.

"Yeah, that just hurt like a bitch." Lexi groaned. After a moment, she stood up. "Okay, I want to try again. Maybe I did something wrong?"

"Explain to me again exactly how it happened the first time," Bruce suggested.

"Right. Okay so I was getting ready for the day, and my door was closed. I had just turned the lights off and I was standing directly behind my door when Dick flung it open. I had been thinking about going down to the kitchen for breakfast ... And just when I thought that the door was going to hit me in the face, I closed my eyes and it got really cold. But not just ... chilly. It was like... windy almost. Like standing in front of an air conditioner on full blast. And when I opened my eyes, I was in the kitchen pantry."

"Maybe there needs to be momentum," I told them. "The first time, the door was swinging towards you pretty quickly, right?"

"Yeah! So maybe if I like, ran or something..."

"It's worth a try," Bruce shrugged. Lexi took a few steps back and then bolted forward at a moderate but speedy pace. At first, I thought that she was going to run into the wall again, but at the last second, she seemed to become one with the shadows, melting into them and disappearing.

-Lexi's POV-

I don't recommend shadow travel for those who are afraid of:

1) The dark

2) Cold shivers up your spine

3) Strange noises

As I had been bounding towards the wall, I tried not to let the fact that I was most likely going to break my nose on this try get to me. I focused on my destination, the Batcave, and nothing else. Just before I hit, I passed into shadows as cold and black as the dark side of the moon.

Basically, it was awesome. One second, I couldn't see a thing, and all I heard were creepy sounding whispers. I wasn't even running anymore, just merely passing through the darkness. Then the shadows melted into a new scene. I was standing in the dark corner next to the Super Computer in the Batcave, pushed up against the wall. I slipped out from the crevice and into the open space, where I let out a loud cheer.

"I made it!" I cried into my communicator as soon as I managed to calm myself down. A moment later, Dick and Bruce burst into the Cave. I was grinning from ear to ear. "Dick, it was so awesome."

"Are you alright though?" he asked. I rolled my eyes at him because he was always being over-protective. But he had a point. Now that the adrenaline had worn off, I was feeling slightly drowsy.

"Yeah, just a bit tired," I confessed. "I think this is enough for one day."

"Of course, no pressure," Bruce said. "You should rest. I need to get to the Watchtower."

"On a Saturday?" Dick inquired.

"Injustice doesn't take weekends off," he shrugged wearily, going into one of the changing rooms and quickly emerging in his Batman get-up. "Duty calls."

Just as he was about to Zeta out, the Super Computer beeped.

Incoming call from: Superman.

"Superman to Batcave."

"Acknowledged. Batman speaking. What is it Clark? I was just about to Zeta up to the Watchtower."

"Oh, good. We need you. The Team is already here. And you might want to bring Lexi, too."

"Why? What's going on?" Dick asked.

"Haven't you all been watching the news?" We shook our heads no. Superman sighed. "The Warworld has entered Earth's orbit, and Vandal Savage is, under a flag of truce, asking for an audience with you, Lexi."

 --------------------------------------------------------

COMMENT AND VOTE!! :D hehe suspenceful.  Hope you liked it. :)