I'm No Cinderella-Chapter 1

Hope you guys like this book as much as I KNOW that I'm going to enjoy writing it!! Enjoy!! Please Comment and Vote! :) I love you guys and thank you for reading.

-Lexi's POV-

Destiny is for losers. It's just a lame excuse to wait for  things to happen to you instead of making them happen yourself. Or at least that's what I like to think. Or maybe that's just what I'm forcing myself to think so that I don't lose hope, because lets face it. Losing hope is easy when you're half starved, chained to a wall, blindfolded, and you're beaten every single day.

I wiggled my wrists around in their shackles for the millionth time, knowing that there was no way I was going to get out of them, but trying anyways. How long have I been here? I have no idea. When they first threw me in here, I started making tick marks to count days. But after the twentieth day, I just gave up, realizing that I was torturing myself by counting. Every day for the longest time I would think, "My friends are going to come in and save me, and I'll get to be with Dick again. It's destiny. It's fate. It's what's meant to be." And even though I have no idea exactly how long I've been here, it doesn't take a genius to know that if I was going to be saved, it would've happened by now.

"Come on, get up meat. You know the drill." The guard from outside my door, one of Vandal Savage's goons, said, opening my chamber door and unclamping my bindings.

"I haven't eaten." I croaked, my throat cry from lack of water and crying. Lots of crying.

"I don't feel like feeding you today. Now stand up!" he said, grabbing my already injured wrists and yanking me off the ground, causing me to yelp at the pain. It used up a great deal of energy just to stand, and I collapsed into a heap of skin and bones on the floor in less than two seconds. "Lazy, worthless piece of shit." the man  grumbled, picking me up by my bruised waist and throwing me over his shoulder. "Get ready to be punished. Desaad has been waiting, and now you've made us late."

"What's new?" I thought to myself as I was blindly carried to my 'session'. Even though I couldn't see, they hadn't always blindfolded me, so I knew where we were going. The blindfolding started when the experiments began. First I was removed from my chamber, which was in the Warworld. Then we took a boom tube to Apokolips, where Desaad's laboratories were. The Warworld was parked within Apokolips's orbit for easy access to the planet and well... me.  

I could feel the atmosphere around us grow warm, which was the tell tale sign that we were inside a boom tube. I squirmed, the temperature bothering me because it reminded me of the sun, and light, and for some reason, thinking of happy thoughts brought me extreme discomfort.

"Keep still!" My guard yelled. In about ten seconds, the temperature cooled down again, and I knew we were inside the lab.

"Ah, at last. I have been eager to continue our experiments." Desaad said. I felt myself being lowered onto the cold, metal table that I hated so much. I heard the guard leave. "So my dear, I see that your open wounds from yesterday have healed. We will have to change that." I flinched slightly, knowing what was coming. I heard a door open. "Who dares to interrupt- oh, Savage. Welcome."

"Hello. I thought I might... sit in on your session, if that's alright?"

"Yes, of course."

 Desaad began speaking in another tongue, a strange language that I cannot understand any of, which is quite frustrating for a girl who is fluent in over five languages. But I knew that he was calling a guard to carry me to what Desaad referred to as simply The Room, but in my mind, I called it the Torcher Chamber(TC). The door opened again and I felt myself being lifted off the table and carried into the TC. Then I was chained while standing up, the shackles hanging from the ceiling. The room reeked of death and blood. When I was first brought here and allowed to look around, the were splatters of blood covering almost every inch of the room, and in every shade you could think of. I often wondered what other poor creatures had been brought here