Did You Miss Me?- Chapter 29

-Lexi's POV- 

I sat there, mouth hanging in open in disbelief as the pieces of the puzzle fell together. Delancy said that she'd had a date, and Dick claimed that he was going out with Bruce and Tim. But in truth, they were both here, and by the way DIck placed his hand on the small of Delancy's back, guiding her to the bar, it was obvious that they were accquainted with each other. 

The annoying boy laughed. "Well, since lover boy is busy, maybe we could-" 

"Go," I ordered. "Now."

"Aw, come on baby, calm do-" I turned and glared at him through my sunglasses, feeling my eyes begin to glow, and although he had no idea what that meant, it must have given him the message, because he stood and scrambled away almost immeadiatly. My mind was reeling with hurt and anger. How could he do this to me? It wasn't like they were friends, considering that even though theyd met, Delancy hadn't even seen Dick's face from behind his mask. Whether she was my friend or not didn't really matter, and we were very careful not to show anyone from my boarding school for spies know who he really was. It was obvious to me that Delancy was most likely innocent in the whole situation, because she had told me that she was going out on a date. Dick on the other hand had lied. I was nearly one hundred percent certain that Dick had lied to her about being single, and she was honest when she said that she didn't want to talk about her mystery man because she wasn't she it'd work out. Delancy wasn't a liar. Not to me anyways. Dick on the other hand... Dick used to be a player, and now I see that despite everything, he still is. 

"Lexi?" Artemis said quietly, shaking me out of my thoughts.

I stood, casting a quick glance in their direction. "I'm sorry Artemis, but I need to leave." She nodded understandingly, and I gathered my things and darted out the door, nearly tripping over my heels. After collecting my car from the valet, I sped off, not really knowing where I was going and not really caring. I was going about a hundred mile per hour, tears streaming down my face, laughing out of anger although the ordeal didn't strike me as funny in the slightest. I knew that I should've stayed and confronted him, but it was too dangerous, for both him and the civilians, for me to be in the same vicinity as him.

I can't believe he actually just did that shit to me...

I slammed on my brakes, because in my angry haze, I must've decided to go to my parents penthouse. Not having the patience to park the car, I threw the keys to my doorman, didn't stop to see if he'd caught them, and kept going. To the elevator, up to the very top floor, and into the foyer of my parents house. It was quiet, but I didn't really care whether anyone was home or not. I just wanted to feel sorry for myself.

I bolted up the stairs, my intention being to hide in my old bedroom and cry, when I slammed into something hard. Strong, familiar arms caught me, holding me steady and keeping me together, like they used to do when I was younger.

"Lexi?" Nate asked in a bewildered voice. "What are you doing here? Are you okay?" I only shook my head, quiet sobs  wracking my body. "Come on, let's get you lying down." He led me to my room and pulled back the covers, helping me slip underneath When I was settled he asked, "Wanna tell me what's going on?"

"D-Dick... he...he... oh god Nate. He c-cheated on me!" My sobs were uncontrollable now, and I felt Nate stiffen.

"Why the little-" he cut himself off when he glanced at me, obviously seeing how vulnerable I was, and he sighed. "Now or later?"

"Later, please." I knew that he was asking permission to say 'Told ya so', and he had every right. How could I have been so stupid?

"Okay, later it is," he agreed, nodding. "Do you want me to stay? Or would you rather be alone?"

"I'd like to be alone for a minute..." Nate stood, and left, but not before placing a brotherly kiss on my forehead and whispering, "He's not worthy of your tears."

When he was gone, I wrapped the sheets tighter around myself, not able to understand the situation. Needing something to do, I went to my closet and pulled out some sweats and a t-shirt that I'd left behind and slipped them on. When I was putting on my shirt, I noticed that, like a lot of girls, one of my boobs was slightly bigger than the other. I bet Delancy has symmetrical boobs... what a bitch.

When I exited my bathroom, I heard shouting and yelling from downstairs, and I knew the two voices involved immediately: Dick and Nate.

Not wanting to speak to either of them, I turned the lock on my door and paced around my room, when my window suddenly blew open at full force, making a loud BANG! The downstairs stopped but I ignored it, going over to the window with caution and peering out, confused to see nothing but my fire escape. Something didn't feel right, and my suspicions were correct when a voice whispered from behind me, "Did you miss me?" I quickly grabbed an old fencing sword the was propped up against my window and instinctively used it to cover my face, listening to a loud clang as it met another sword. When I glanced up at my attacker, I was taken aback to see the smirking, boyishly handsome face of the Rifter. "Well, did you?" 

----------------------------------------------------

I updated, yayayya!!! Hopefully another will be up tomorrow... COMMENT AND VOTE!!