Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Once again Kieran and I found ourselves inside the big city that we stopped in on the way to his territory. I was doing my best to adjust to it, but like before, I felt like I stuck out- and not in a good way.

The restaurant we were in this time was not like the one we ate at before. This one was nicer. And better yet, it was Italian- my favorite. I got the spaghetti.

After Kieran and I had ate our meals we sat at the table making light conversation over desert, which was almost finished off now.

I found it surprising how easy it was to talk to him sometimes. When we weren’t worried about things like our rejections or the mating, we fell into conversation effortlessly. It was nice. Kieran even seemed to be quite laidback and carefree tonight which was something I hadn’t seen in a while. It was very unexpected after how Alpha he went on me today. I’m just glad he had more to him than just his job.

Even now, we sat in the nearly empty restaurant laughing our heads off at a story he was telling me.  We received a few odd looks from some of the restaurant staff occasionally which only made the moment funnier. I was surprised that they hadn’t come over and told us to quiet down, but I’m sure one look from Kieran would have sent them running the other way. He could be intimidating when he wanted.

“It sounds like you and Wyatt got in quite a bit of trouble back then,” I laughed.

“We did,” he agreed with a smile. “It was mostly me who got him in trouble though. He just went along with it.”

“I bet you both drove your parents crazy,” I said without thinking and widened my eyes when I realized what I had done.

I never should have brought up his parents.

Kieran’s carefree smile only faltered briefly before he covered up whatever emotion he was trying to hide and nodded.

“We were both grounded for a month and we had to clean up the other school’s field,” he replied with a grin. “Later, after my mom was through lecturing me on manners, my Dad ended up coming to my room and congratulating me and had a good laugh over it.”

“It’s a good thing Wyatt forgave after you after you got him in trouble,” I said with light humor.

He smiled.

The waitress made her appearance at our table and laid down the check next to Kieran before clearing away some of the dishes we weren’t using anymore. Kieran had already laid out the money for the bill before she walked away. She looked tired and somewhat relieved that we were ready to go. We were her last table of the night and I started to feel bad we kept her busy so late.

I always hated that at the diner. Someone would always come in close to closing time and I would have to stay there until they left. Though, I did miss my job…and the paychecks, even though I’d not really needed them yet.

That’s something else I felt bad for; letting Kieran pay. If I thought he wouldn’t get offended I’d offer to pay for my own meal. I wasn’t dumb when it came to dealing with Alpha’s though. They had a lot of pride.

“Are you ready to go?” he asked interrupting my thoughts. He was standing up next to his pushed in chair waiting for me.

I nodded and quickly stood pushing in my chair as well then taking his hand that was extended out to me. We remained close to each other, our arms bumping each other as we walked until we reached the car. He let go of me to open my door. I slid in the front seat with ease.

I wasn’t sure how much time had passed when we reached the pack house, but Kieran shook me awake. I hadn’t even realized that I had fallen asleep. I guess as was more tired than I realized. After my adventure in the woods I was bound to be though. Anyone would. I could tell it was late though.